Backpack: The knackiest flourish you'll ever learn

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Theory11 has a lot to view on the 'Magic Tricks' part of their site. What you may not know is that there are a few hidden flourishes buried in the depths. 'Backpack' is one of them.

Normally, when people talk about Andrei Jihk, they know of him by the famed Genesis series. 'Backpack' is actually my first Andrei Jihk tutorial.

So what are we getting here? For $5, you're getting a 7 minute tutorial that teaches probably the knackiest move you'll ever know: A one handed cut on the BACK OF YOUR HAND.

The only reason why I found it is because I was looking for a 'follow-up' flourish after a one-handed deck flip and found this after 2 days of looking.

Mr. Jihk teaches the move very well, going into the very little details to make the move easier to accomplish and to make the flourish easier once you get the hang of it.
The tutorial goes into 3 parts:
- Spoken word tutorial, starting head-on for the first part, then going over the shoulder for the rest.
- The flourish being done slowly, while emphasizing key points with stopping the flourish and pointing out which finger needs to be focused on for that particular part.
- Applications for two-handed cardistry.

All I can say is: 5 dollars well spent for such a deceptively difficult flourish. You will be dropping your deck a bit and I have heard that there will be some pinky cramping involved. I did not have this issue at all--with the finger cramping; some might. This is definitely an advanced flourish. However, I believe that learning something like this and using your head about how it could be utilized will give your flourishes some flare and provide a unique look that will make you stand out amongst your cardistry peers.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results