Bad News for David Blaine?

Sep 1, 2007
I don't see this being particularly bad. No human being could survive being suspended upside down that long continuously. The body just isn't built for that sort of thing.

Sounds to me like Fox are still just gloating about catching Criss Angel.

Aug 7, 2008
That sucks. He is a magician though, providing the illusion of hanging upside for 60 hours instead of actually doing it makes sense. If it would kill him especially.

Jul 7, 2008
This ruins the whole stunt.
The article says he takes a break once an hour, where he pees, gets a medical check-up, and gets his head above his heart. I'm gonna assume all that takes about 5 minutes. That takes 5 minutes off of 60 hours, or 300 minutes. So he's only upside-down for 55 hours, not 60. Lame.

Jan 13, 2008
The whole hanging upside down thing seems more like buildup for the 2 hour special and his secret ending than anything...it was a good way to garner publicity for the show (and it's working...everything he does is being talked about; and whether good or bad publicity, people will likely watch anyway because they've heard some stuff about him and they want to see what all the fuss is about).

And yeah, it would be really tough on the body...I'd respect him less if he was too careless and put his body through something that nobody's body can really handle.

This was reported on Fox News.....Anyone who doesn't know Fox News is probably one of THE most unreliable news sources. I would say don't take this seriously unless there is real proof.

I highly doubt this, don't you think if he's been there since Monday thousands of people would've already seen him would post this on blogs or more photos?

I hate Fox News,
-RA69

Sep 1, 2007
Not really bad news. He was never supposed to stay upside down non-stop. He's said that in the past. He needs to come up every once in awhile to get medical checks.

Sep 15, 2008
dont believe fox news, i trust the onion more

That's funny.

I must admit, standing up every hour, it does impact (at least in my mind) the stunt. Now if he would be hanging upside down for 12 hours, then standing just twice a day, I'd be a bit more impressed.

Don't get me wrong though, I respect Blaine to no end. And I am still very excited about his special tomorrow.

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
Well, now that I've read the Fox News story completely and watched that Regis and Kelly interview... I don't think his stunt is COMPLETELY dead...

Definitely a one-of-a-kind guy, that David Blaine...

Sep 1, 2007
I must admit, standing up every hour, it does impact (at least in my mind) the stunt. Now if he would be hanging upside down for 12 hours, then standing just twice a day, I'd be a bit more impressed.

Do a handstand for an hour.

Sep 1, 2007
This sucks! Kinda ruins it for me. Oh well, I'm more exicited for the magic.

Think about this though. If he's cheating on this one, odds are he cheated on the past stunts.

Dec 20, 2007
Joplin, Mo., USA
You could say I'm pretty opinionated. (/shameless plugging)

Bottom line: It was a bad, misleading story for a lot of reasons. The reporter didn't do his homework-- wait, what am I talking about? It's not even bylined. That's not a good thing. I'm a reporter for a major daily newspaper, and if I posted a story like that, I'd get written up. Or at least slapped in the face.

You think NBC is harsh to magicians? FOX aired the Masked Magician specials, a FOX affiliate busted Criss Angel during his implosion stunt, and now this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results