Best coin magic tricks to do side by side someone queuing at a bar?

Mar 12, 2016
I've been trying a couple of things like retention vanish and french drop but they seem really obvious when standing right next to someone. One girl I got a great reaction the first time I did the former but it has been met with eye rolling and another person immediately grabbing my other hand containing the coin on subsequent attempts. I'm sure my poor performance is alot to do with it but I feel the angle is also working against me alot for these tricks.

I like the bar queue because it is less pressure than going up to a full group so want to practice some good ones in that situ to get my confidence up before trying to approach groups.

So with that in mind what coin tricks do you think would be suitable for close side by side angles?

I was thinking maybe one hand vanishes such as jw grip.

Previously I had been practicing the one hand transfer of a silver and copper coin using downs palm. I had been getting better at it but realised it is going to be nearly worthless I guess as an initial trick in a dark loud club since the spectator won't know what you're up to. I am thinking a vanish initially would be better since it is very clear and doesn't need explanation then once you hook them in then you can go into more engaging routines.

Other than one handers what else would suit? I'm still very green so am not aware of the common moves yet but getting more familiar with them as I read them bandied around online.

So suggestions would be very welcome for this specific scenario. I'm thinking once I do one or two at this awkward angle then the spectator would be intrigued such that I could then move to a more convenient position and do more.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Coin magic is inherently tricky because of angle issues, primarily because they are one-handed moves and on-handed moves will ALWAYS have angle issues. I'd recommend getting coin magic that involve props in some way shape or form.

Okito Box
Scotch and Soda
Zone Infinity
Ghost Camera

If recommend looking into those

Mar 12, 2016
Thanks but I got into coin magic precisely because I hate any kind of props and love the idea of making magic 'out of thin air'.

Sure there are issues but at the same time it is advantageous isn't it if there is only one person since you don't have as big an arc to be concerned about as with a group.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results