Best Trick for School?

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
uh, about the stigmata and your friend threatening thing...
why on earth did you affirm that that was the method?!
you couldve just said.. no, thats not it.
and besides, you really do have a choice when asked to perform. If your friend chooses to "reveal the secret" you can always think of different ways to achieve the effect and prove him wrong.

either way, a double lift is always good.

Jul 3, 2008
arizona
uh, about the stigmata and your friend threatening thing...
why on earth did you affirm that that was the method?!
you couldve just said.. no, thats not it.
and besides, you really do have a choice when asked to perform. If your friend chooses to "reveal the secret" you can always think of different ways to achieve the effect and prove him wrong.

i didn't but the way he explains it makes sense so even if it isn't the same all he has to do is duplicate the results. So i still end up looking like a big idiot having the dummest kid in class disprove me.

Jul 3, 2008
arizona
i live in arizona so its hot almost all year so do i need to wear long sleeves for disjointed or can ido it without them.

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
anyone can ... and make markings appear. the mysterious thing here is that they never see you ... which would prove your friend wrong. anyway, you CAN do disjointed without sleeves. I do it all the time and no one notices ...

Last edited by a moderator:
May 16, 2008
I'm not a racist, I'm just saying that black people generally give better reactions. Look who David Blaine performs for. I'm saying that they gave me my reputation at school as a magician.

Your reputation with like the 5 people at your lunch table.

Sep 1, 2007
i didn't but the way he explains it makes sense so even if it isn't the same all he has to do is duplicate the results. So i still end up looking like a big idiot having the dummest kid in class disprove me.

lol, dummest. The irony.... Anyways, so what? Let him, don't just show the same tricks over and over. Would you rather have one trick exposed or several? And magic tricks done over and over to the same people aren't magic; it becomes more of a puzzle. If he tells everyone, just act like you don't care - people who reveal secrets to others to wreck the magician are egotistical and just want to show they've beaten you. If you act like you don't care, who loses all of it. And when people tell you to do a trick again, just do a different one... simple as that.

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
If people did that to me i'd tell them to **** off, I can't believe you tolerate this behaviour. You're a magician not a trained monkey that does a trick whenever they want. Next time this happens make it clear to them that you perform on your terms not theirs. I'd also suggest finding a new friend, he sounds like a complete moron.

Trying to learn new tricks is completely pointless, it's impossible to continue at this rate.

I'd suggest learning a 10 - 20 minute routine and getting it perfect, then perform that if you want to. Don't just keep doing tricks whenever people want you to.

Very true... I admittedly was like that at the beginning of high school, and I'm still in as high demand as I was when I first started back in 2007. However, I have drastically toned it down magic-wise, I will show something sometimes before class begins, and one or two days of the week in the halls. I do not, however, ever go a day without doing magic somewhere at school. I always do something but do not go insane showing everything in my repertoire.

i do alot of card tricks at school and i do stigmata alot. so the kids at school expect alot from me. but i am running out of tricks and i have to come up with my own tricks right on the spot and doing that 5 to 8 time a day i'm running out of ideas . so what i am trying to say is do you know of any tricks that can be repeated alot and get great reactions every time.

I was always a fan of making magic relevant to the environment. When I was in high school, I never really performed with cards because (a) they weren't allowed on campus, and (b) there was no point in having a deck in school anyway. I remember I performed a lot of rubberband effects and money effects. People always wanted me to perform Misled. It's a visual trick that actually applies to the crowd you'll be around.

A quick routine I still use that can be performed in the school environment:

• Open with Crazy Man's Handcuffs, allowing them to hold one band.
  • Amuse everyone with the classic Linking Paperclips trick using a borrowed dollar and a rubberband.
  • Step it up with the Misled Penetration with a borrowed pencil and the bill.
  • Close it with Counterfeit Spectator for the bill's owner.

Again, it's a very playful routine, but if you give it a try, I think you'd be surprised at the amount of positive feedback you'll get from it. Everything's very visual and fun to do, allowing a lot of room for comedic presentation and interaction.

Hope it helps,

RS.

Sep 3, 2007
I'm not a racist, I'm just saying that black people generally give better reactions. Look who David Blaine performs for. I'm saying that they gave me my reputation at school as a magician.

I don't think that's it. It's not their race. Kids that act ghetto and gangsta give the most open reactions.

For school conserve material.

First do a solid maybe 3 trick routine.

Next time they come around, you already got a rep, go for a solid single trick.

Make sure the bigger the crowd, the more angle proof the material has to be.

May 16, 2008
Oh come on, more people know about me than that.
The only reason people know about you at school is because of facebook, and the internet. Without that you would be in the same boat as me.
hahahahahahahahaha seriously zack? seriously? i didnt even have a facebook last year and way more people knew me than you. because u are shy and went to a private school, afraid to branch out and meet different people. facebook has absolutely nothing to do with my popularity. it only proves how many people already know me. if they didnt know me already, they wouldnt accept my friend requests.

o and listen here. the only reason people knew you LAST year was because you were by my side. i have lots of people to back me up on this one. people have even asked me if you still go to this school because you aren't being noticed hardly anymore without being with me.

so go have fun with your black "reputation makers."

hahahahahahahahaha seriously zack? seriously? i didnt even have a facebook last year and way more people knew me than you. because u are shy and went to a private school, afraid to branch out and meet different people. facebook has absolutely nothing to do with my popularity. it only proves how many people already know me. if they didnt know me already, they wouldnt accept my friend requests.

o and listen here. the only reason people knew you LAST year was because you were by my side. i have lots of people to back me up on this one. people have even asked me if you still go to this school because you aren't being noticed hardly anymore without being with me.

so go have fun with your black "reputation makers."

What ever happened to you trying to be my friend? This proves your a liar. I dare you to go a year without the internet. You would die. My style and attitude doesn't include following the crowd and doing what everyone else does. Facebook has almost everything to do with your popularity. If I made a facebook, I could send a friend request to a completely random person and I would bet money that they'd accept it. Isn't that kind of the goal? Who can get the most friends? Go ahead and tell them that I moved, I could care less. It's all about the magic and spectators, not popularity. I'm popular with a different crowd than you are. Sure all the preps know who you are, but what about all the others? I would bet the only reason you even do magic is to fuel your need for attention. I know your past, how you would screw with the teacher's computers just to get a laugh. Since your so high and mighty, why do you even want to be my friend? Are you jealous or something?

Your extreme cockness, arrogance, boastfullness, and anything else that means you think you're better than me will be your downfall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 13, 2007
Atlanta,Georgia
i do tricks at my school alot as well... all though to keep from running out of tricks i only do tricks on Fridays... many people are addicted and are buying shirts...if you dont believe me type in Magic Fridays at Hillgrove High School... as for tricks id say check out De'vos De'ring...Guarenteed mindblower

May 16, 2008
What ever happened to you trying to be my friend? This proves your a liar. I dare you to go a year without the internet. You would die. My style and attitude doesn't include following the crowd and doing what everyone else does. Facebook has almost everything to do with your popularity. If I made a facebook, I could send a friend request to a completely random person and I would bet money that they'd accept it. Isn't that kind of the goal? Who can get the most friends? Go ahead and tell them that I moved, I could care less. It's all about the magic and spectators, not popularity. I'm popular with a different crowd than you are. Sure all the preps know who you are, but what about all the others? I would bet the only reason you even do magic is to fuel your need for attention. I know your past, how you would screw with the teacher's computers just to get a laugh. Since your so high and mighty, why do you even want to be my friend? Are you jealous or something?

Your extreme cockness, arrogance, boastfullness, and anything else that means you think you're better than me will be your downfall.
hahahahhaahhahahahaha o gosh i havent laughed this hard in a while. anyway i have so many things to say against your post right now you dont even know. but like you said, im not tryin to be your friend anymore and i definitly do not need you and thaat is for darn sure. so have fun with your little crowd and ill have my fun with all the school. k?

peace zack.

forever

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results