best tricks to perform surrounded

okay I'll answer your question.

Origami table illusion
A Question and Answer
Bank Night
Cups and Balls
Floating linking Rings
and you said you have only like 15 days or something right?
Strait Jacket escape
Triumph.

That should keep you busy for a while.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Don't bother learning 'many' tricks, learn a couple and learn to them better than anyone else.

You've probably already got plenty of tricks that you could simply be honing instead of trying to learn new tricks.

Of course, that's assuming that this thread isn't just to stir up a ruckus which it clearly has done.

Sep 1, 2007
okay I'll answer your question.

Origami table illusion
A Question and Answer
Bank Night
Cups and Balls
Floating linking Rings
and you said you have only like 15 days or something right?
Strait Jacket escape
Triumph.

That should keep you busy for a while.

I had no idea you could be so passive-aggressive. High five!

Don't bother learning 'many' tricks, learn a couple and learn to them better than anyone else.

You've probably already got plenty of tricks that you could simply be honing instead of trying to learn new tricks.

On that note, it would be useful to know what this repertoire he bragged about actually included.

Sep 1, 2007
You've surprisingly optimistic today.

Optimistic? I would say I'm more just in a good mood. If the threadstarter wants to brag about his accomplishments in one year, then by all means let him describe them and enumerate that. The more they hasten to prove me right, the more time it saves.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Optimistic? I would say I'm more just in a good mood. If the threadstarter wants to brag about his accomplishments in one year, then by all means let him describe them and enumerate that. The more they hasten to prove me right, the more time it saves.

Optimistic because you think it'll matter what he already knows.

c.t

Apr 17, 2013
Australia
On that note, I attended a Jon Stetson lecture in 2010 where he showed me the eight most powerful words a magician can ever say for the purpose of crowd control: "Come over here, you'll get a better view." Yes, it really is that obvious, and yes, it really does work.

Im gonna have to remember that one

Dec 29, 2011
For someone who practices six hours a day, you should be starting to reflect and try to answer these questions by yourself, however the majority of my performance has been at parties, so I'll give a straight answer. I had a tendency to do more 'classic' street style stuff:
ACR
"Look, the card you were holding is now your other card! Now its in my/your wallet.
Various rubber band things
Some ring stuff
More simple sort of card stuff, eg, biddle etc.
OOTW was my favourite
Angle Zero is excellent for this situation, I'm going to highly recommend it now
Perhaps a nice little coins through table
That old thing where you cover a salt shaker or shot glass with a napkin, then it vanishes/goes through table
Dr. Daley's aces thing
David Blaine stuff, that isnt too heavily gimmicked.
The list goes on.

Recommended artists:
Daniel Garcia, Jay Sankey, Lennart Green, Rick Lax, Wayne Houchin, Chriss Kenner. They, among others come to mind firstly for similar styles of material that you would probably be looking for.

When seated at a table, which is obviously a necessity for some of the stuff I posted, the angles tend to be a little easier, lapping is about the most angle sensitive tabled thing in there, but you can also control that sort of thing at a table a little easier, ie, directing where you and your spectators will be sitting, the shape of the table etc.
As for standing, the "eight most powerful words" will help you, its really quite simple. With three or four people in front of you, take a step back, this will help the angles, and if they step forward to come closer to you, that should usually draw them together, also helping you. Card routines can be typically modified to become much less angle sensitive, ring stuff, particularly the Ring Thing, is pretty easily managed. A lot of rubber band stuff has quick and easy setups, that frequently can be done right in front of specs, the most dangerous one I would do is probably Missing Link, by Chris Kenner, which can still be done in an off beat.

Learn a good peek, control, force, palm and switch, and that will give you a very large amount of good card magic. Be bold in your methods and actions, not just one or the other.

With the exception of Dr. Daley's last trick, I have performed everything I listed and more to great success at many parties, you practice way more than I ever have, so I have no doubts you can be a much better magician than I, if not already.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results