Bicycle Ambiguity

Sep 10, 2014
Cologne, Germany
Hello,

I need your help. I starded learnig magic and bought a doublepack of Bicycle Standard's. I learned to do basic stuff, like one handed fans, dublelifts and pinkey breaks. About two weeks later I bought a pack of Bicycle Alchemy England cards and they were much better,I wonder why ? They are both the same Company, both the same finish (Air Cushion), so what's different ? Are B. Standard generally not that good as other cards of that brand ? I don't want to "waste" my BAE's s, should i get other Bicycle Theme Cards, to have the same smoothness ? Are there Cards with even better handing ?

Thank You for reading

P.S. I'm not a native speaker, so please be patient :D

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
There's different types of stocks that will effect the handling of the cards. And some of it is also psychological.

The USPCC, who make Bicycle, make a lot of custom designs as well. They also print most of the custom decks made within the US. Bicycle Standards are pretty much that - standard. They're not amazing, but they're pretty decent and they're affordable. They are good for learning because when you destroy the cards you're not out of much of an investment. Whereas when you're spending upwards of $5-$7 per deck for the custom designs, that becomes more significant. Particularly for an amateur.

What it really comes down to is this: Use the cards that suit you best both in design and cost.

It's mostly just personal preference. I like standard bicycles because their most common to people. Plus a brick for just $15 at costco

I would say go cheap, you end up going through a lot of cards

Sep 10, 2014
Cologne, Germany
Well here in Germany you pay 3 Euro for a Bicycle standerd and 4 Euro for a guardiens version. I think they feel better, so it's not that big of a difference. What about Tally Ho, are they good ? What are Your favorite Cards for shuffling, faning and so on ?

Thanks for the quick answers

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results