Big Ass Box of Magic Question...

Discussion in 'Product Questions and Reviews' started by trikuxabi, Jul 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bad news... karma finally got me in the ass and the SM people refunded my money. You'd think that is a good thing, but look at this note:

Stay tuned, I'll upload the convos to the public because I have nothing left to lose from this. It's over, but I really wanted to get the box... so I suppose I'd have to find another way to obtain the items.

2. NOTE: THE FOLLOWING WAS WRITTEN BEFORE SANKEY MAGIC CHOSE TO BETRAY ME.

This was the entire conversation.

SEAN:

ERIC:

SEAN:

ERIC:

I'll have to provide my replies separately, but basically, at this point, I have them twisted around my pinky finger, while I'm holding them by the Wuxi finger hold with the other hand. My plan? [I don't think it would be alright to post what I had intended to do in public]

So I get two boxes instead of one :D

3. #143 Seanhawk23, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2011
    And my response?

4. #144 Seanhawk23, Aug 3, 2011
    I personally admit that my response was greedy and somewhat psychotic if you think about it. I was high on the illusion that I had substantial leverage over the situation. I suppose that I wasn't so much in control after all. I should have asked gently instead of bombastically threatening them in this matter.

HOWEVER. It is all the same that this bipolar response from the company was UNACCEPTABLE. Compare with this response previously taken:

If they had simply told me something along the lines of "uh... we can't do that... BUT we CAN refund the money if you want it :)" then I would have just walked away from this. The collective anger from the forums and disgrace at the situation got to my head, however, and resulted in what you see above. If he was nicer, I would let it go. However, by adding insult to injury by telling me "take your money... and don't you ever come back!" they have brought DESTRUCTIVE karma upon themselves. Remember I said that I could be vindictive, persistent and meticulous? Telling me to f uck off and don't return... well then, two can play at this game. I may have paid the price for my demeanor over the past few days, but if there's something they should be upset about, it is not about what I've done to them, it's about what I'm about to do.

But I need your help. Please PM me for the details.

5. Actually, Sankey had the right to do what he said right there. That was the stupidest thing you could have written.

If I was part of any company at all and I received a message threatening to get "revenge" by any means, even illegally, I would never do business with you ever again.

6. I suppose. However, time tells no lies and there's nothing anyone can do to stop the events that they have set in motion. I'm very sad and disappointed with myself for what will happen... but what must be done must be done.

7. I'm still upset with them right now, but maybe you're right that I should walk away from this. The real question is though whether I would be able to.

8. You could send an apology.

9. Tell them that I was psychotic? It won't change anything now that I got my money back, and it seems like at this point they will stand their ground.

Then again, what have I got to lose?

10. This entire SM business is interesting to say the least. You were going good man...until your rant. Bad idea. They were going to give you another BABOM. You ****ed up.

11. I know. I became arrogant and this is what I get.

At least I sent them an apology about it.

Don't worry guys, I cooled down and am more sane now :)

Originally it was that one of us could win (me or Sankey). But pride goes before a fall and now both of us have lost the battle.

12. Stupid computer wont let me reply with quote...but yeah I agree with the consensus that your last email shouldn't have been done. It was aggressive. Especially the part about you being vindictive. That had no place on your message. Believe me, I have sent messages when I was pissed off and those messages were fatal mistakes. Not going into detail what they were, but I can assure you they are non-magic related. Hopefully you learned something Sean.

13. I did. :( only consolation is the mountain of legal trouble he's gotten. I suppose we've taken him down along with us.

14. If that even goes thru, which I hope it does. I don't own BABOM but his customer service is awful.

15. me too :( I really wanted to get the thing, but I suppose I'd have to find another means :(

16. Man I highly doubt you'd get an actual BABOM

17. You never know :)

18. Just Another Appreciative Customer

"Got my BAB on the 1st. Over the past 3 days I have watched every DVD. Read every booklet and even listened to the CD. I love it all. I have to say that out of everything, one of my favorite effects is "Breakdown" from the "M3NTAL" booklet. I am instantly going to start using that routine. I just love it. And I was blown away with "Blockbuster." I've been ending my stand up shows with "Paperclipped" for about a year now and it gets great reactions. BUT I think I'm going to start using blockbuster as a closer instead of Paperclipped every now and then. I was worried I was going to have to do a top change once the card was removed from the board and I
    am SO glad you don't. It really would have taken away from the organic feel. Big thanks to Jay and big thanks to Jay's team."-Madison Hagler

19. #159 razemagic, Aug 3, 2011
    That's great Jay. How about addressing the questions/statements I left for you?

What should we be assuming by your lack of response?

20. I sure hope that jay acknowledges my apology; that would give the closure I'd need from this mess and assure me that everything's going to be alright

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.