Big Ass Box of Magic Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2009
So post a list of what you did get......and was the worst thing you were called "rude"

You should be able to determine what was received by looking at the original list and subtracking these items.

At any rate, I think you are missing our point. We were promised 36 items, and didn't receive all of them. Daniel was missing 10 items and I was missing 12.

This arguement isn't about the value we received, it's about not getting what we paid for.

Jul 9, 2011
So post a list of what you did get......and was the worst thing you were called "rude"

If i posted what I did not receive - Common sense SHOULD tell you that I received everything else that was on the list.

As for the worst I was called I won't get into that matter here, but have discussed with many privately - as well Jay's crew sent emails to me attaching parts of my website and making rude remarks at the photographs - once again very unprofessional.

As for deleting from the FB page - I didn't delete you (although I wish I would have).

If you (allen) care to talk to me you have my contact information through facebook - I will not be giving you even a small portion of satisfaction by replying to you behind a computer screen. You can sit there and make judgement as long as you want, but unlike you I'm headed back out the door for the 3rd gig of the day.

Enjoy!

Jul 13, 2011
Saluda, NC
If i posted what I did not receive - Common sense SHOULD tell you that I received everything else that was on the list.

As for the worst I was called I won't get into that matter here, but have discussed with many privately - as well Jay's crew sent emails to me attaching parts of my website and making rude remarks at the photographs - once again very unprofessional.

As for deleting from the FB page - I didn't delete you (although I wish I would have).

If you (allen) care to talk to me you have my contact information through facebook - I will not be giving you even a small portion of satisfaction by replying to you behind a computer screen. You can sit there and make judgement as long as you want, but unlike you I'm headed back out the door for the 3rd gig of the day.

Enjoy!

I just find it odd that in a post you guys created in order to bash Sankey Magic, you aren't willing to hear any defense of the man or his company. You respond to any defense by questioning my intelligence, kicking me out of your FB whiner club, and then acting as if I am somehow out of order. Its almost comical the degree to which you have gone to "retaliate" against Jay because of some kind of perceived wrong that has been committed against you, but when you are asked to defend your position you act as if the person asking you to better defend your comments and actions, which you have made publicly in an open forum, is somehow crossing a line that exists only in your mind. Why would I want to contact you privately Amazing Steep? What's the point of this open forum if you don't want to have an open conversation?

Jan 29, 2009
All: Can we please keep this civil and talk about the facts. Let's not go the personal route.

Allen: You still haven't convinced me that I'm not doing the right thing by asking Jay for what I didn't get. I ordered a product that said I was getting 36 items. I only received 24. I'm asking for what was promised or my money back. What is wrong with that?

Jan 29, 2009
I'm not sure what this means (yet), but check out this comment that was posted on a YouTube unboxing video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlyedGGFAGk

"Hey guys, I want to tell you something amazing.Today I got another pack from Sankey magic!!!YES, another pack full of magic tricks!!! I don't know what the h*** is going on and I don't want to know. Remember I said that I paid only for the shipping(50$), and Sankeys customer service guy "ERICK" told me to give them a list which will cover the amount I paid? I sent a list by saying"....." ( I already said all the details). Believe it or not they send those item again even though I got the BAbox!"

Jan 29, 2009
I'm not sure what this means (yet), but check out this comment that was posted on a YouTube unboxing video:

"Hey guys, I want to tell you something amazing.Today I got another pack from Sankey magic!!!YES, another pack full of magic tricks!!! I don't know what the h*** is going on and I don't want to know. Remember I said that I paid only for the shipping(50$), and Sankeys customer service guy "ERICK" told me to give them a list which will cover the amount I paid? I sent a list by saying"....." ( I already said all the details). Believe it or not they send those item again even though I got the BAbox!"

From the YouTube poster: :I got juicer fruit, final fusion, UnTorn,DESCENDENT and OMNILOPE!!!!
Sankeys customer service send me this lot even though they already sent the BIG ASS BOX. I think they did it accidentally."

Aug 17, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
All: Can we please keep this civil and talk about the facts. Let's not go the personal route.

Allen: You still haven't convinced me that I'm not doing the right thing by asking Jay for what I didn't get. I ordered a product that said I was getting 36 items. I only received 24. I'm asking for what was promised or my money back. What is wrong with that?

I do not see anything wrong with that at all. Either get all your material, or get a refund.

Oct 13, 2008

I see you're not the only one to receive "special treatment" from SM, as I have had similar experiences in the past.

Oct 13, 2008
I almost forgot; on July 23, I asked the place a question about my order and I got this as the reply:

Hi Sean,
Thx for getting in touch. We'll look into this today. As for what's inside
your box, impossible to say because Jay insisted we include a few bonus
items in ALLL the boxes (he felt badly about the jammed site.)

Also, many of the boxes included a variety of substitutions (as advertised
may happen.)

You are going to love the big box!

:)
Eric

and then below that were some reviews. I still haven't got mine and if it doesn't come on time...

Plan A: Suppose I dispute with my credit card company. If they can't contact SM, they refund the money, right? A possible snag is this: if the box had already been sent even though the money had to be refunded, well then basically I get my $hit for free, and I can use the 180 to buy the rest.

Okay After a month of waiting for the big ass box of magic i finally opened it.

Here's what was included:
Sankey's Best Coin Magic - $25.00
Sankey's Best Mentalism - $25.00
Sankey's Best Street Magic - $25.00
Amazing Magic & Mentalism Anyone Can Do Vol. 1 - $15.00
Amazing Magic & Mentalism Anyone Can Do Vol. 2 - $15.00
Revoultionary Coin Magic - $40.00
Sleight-of-hand Secrets with Cards - $25.00
Invisible - $20.00
About Face - $20.00
Wrap it Up - $25.00
Vanishink - $25.00
99 - $25.00
Twister - $20.00
International - $15.00
Extremely Ambitious - $30.00
Just Imagine - $25.00
Inseparable - $20.00
Astral Projection - $25.00
XL - $15.00
Block Buster - $25.00
45 - $25.00
Dough - $15.00
That Can't Be Good - $10.00
Under Pressure - $20.00
Hellbent - $15.00
Foreign Exchange - $15.00
Jay Sankey's Lecture Notes 2004-2005 - $10.00
Best of the Sankey Magic Newsletter - $20.00
Holiday Magic - $10.00
Five Very Strong Effects to Scare People Plenty By The Great Boris Pocus - $10.00
M3NTAL - $10.00
Reconstuction Refills - $10.00
Insider Refills - $10.00

All of that is a total of $640.00. It's still a pretty good deal but i wanted earplugs since i don't have it.

but Jay Sankey said that we would get magic worth $500.00 or more for only $175.00.

The list that jay sankey gave it pretty much the guidelines to what we would get!

-Zach

Jan 29, 2009
Okay After a month of waiting for the big ass box of magic i finally opened it.

Here's what was included:
All of that is a total of $640.00. It's still a pretty good deal but i wanted earplugs since i don't have it.

but Jay Sankey said that we would get magic worth $500.00 or more for only $175.00.

The list that jay sankey gave it pretty much the guidelines to what we would get!

-Zach

Zach - yes it was a good deal for the retail cost of the magic we received, but I disagree with your statment:

"but Jay Sankey said that we would get magic worth $500.00 or more for only $175.00. The list that jay sankey gave it pretty much the guidelines to what we would get!"

He pulled a little misdirection on you and me.

In his videos he talked about over $500 worth of magic, but he did name 36 items that were to be included in the box. The product description for the item you and I purchased also listed 36 items we would get (40 if you were one of the first 50). It did not mention substitutions (the second 100 listed subs, but guaranteed 28 of the items from the original list). He did not deliver on this.

I have a brand new copy of Earplugs I would love to trade you for something I didn't get in my box. (I already own Earplugs.) Please PM me if you are interested.

You can check out the product description by downloading it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?k3dardjzpbnsr65
The file is a PDF. Be sure to add .pdf if it doesn't have an extension.
If the download doesn't work, feel free to pm me.

Jul 31, 2011
Well supposedly magic cafe doesn't respond well to criticism. I hope this post doesn't get deleted. I'm done with magic cafe. Yes this is the original silent from magic cafe: Check out my response to Jay's post. Also, go to magic cafe and save Jay's response. No telling if he's going to delete it or have magic cafe pull the thread.

Jay Sankey said:

"Hey Guys,
Hope you are all having a great day. Between spending time with my awesome wife Lisa and my two beautiful kids, performing at gigs, working on creative projects (and trying to get to the gym!) it has been a long time since I posted anything on the Café. And unfortunately, it still seems to be, largely, a place where people who -for the most part- have created very little, feel safe to criticize people who have created quite a lot. Stikes me as a strange way to spend your time, and I just don't see how it can be bringing many of you much joy or insight. But hey, 'each to his own' right?

As for 'SLYDER,' response has been OVER THE TOP. Thanks to the many of you who share my excitement about it. We've received HUNDREDS of pre-orders and even though we are no longer including all the bonus stuff, orders are STILL pouring-in. As for the clips themselves, they are most definitely NOT 'ordinary
clips.' Each hand-crafted clip is custom-designed to make the very most of a very versatile and extremely deceptive principle. Second, including 2 booklets, a second hand-crafted clip AND a bonus trick ('Private Property') with the 'SLYDER' pre-orders, all for JUST $40 was a GREAT deal. Killer value. I know it, and the hundreds of excited people who ordered 'SLYDER' know it too.

Thx for reading these words, and if you would like to get in touch with me directly, please send an email to contact@sankeymagic.com. Unlike far too many people in our community, I still personally answer the vast majority of my own emails because I don't take fans of my work for granted. Never have, never will. I sure hope you all have a nice day. Sincerely, Jay "

My response (which was mysteriously deleted)

I don't know if this post is going to get deleted for "flaming." Just in case, it is being saved. I've also created the username "SilentAgain" on the theory11 forums, just in case I'm deemed too critical.

Let me play devil's advocate here: I don't know if GospelDan is lying or not. I don't know if Jay is lying or not. I haven't seen GospelDan's legal documents or met with his lawyer. Neither do I work for Jay or personally read through his emails.

But let's return to reality. I am more willing to believe GospelDan because he can provide me with concrete evidence that a legal battle is currently underway. The only evidence I can obtain from Jay (legal proceedings/customer service ignoring, etc) is if I worked for him. But hey, I will sway either way. Just convince me.
Isn't it funny that Jay accuses GospelDan of taking meds? Can anyone please confirm this? So GospelDan is apparently some wacko that is spreading lies against Jay? Oh wait, should I up my dosage of Prozac just because I have previously bashed your abysmal Bending the real product? What about the other posters who oppose your views Jay? I suppose they need to check in their local mental institution. My point is it's easy to accuse someone of being crazy without proof.

Just to cement to my readers, Jay can accuse GospelDan of taking meds. But really, where's the proof? Just because people don't see things your way, we're suddenly crazy, Jay? Wait a minute, this is your "proof" that GospelDan is crazy: You (Jay) have said that you haven't been getting calls from credit card companies or lawyers. I don't know if the former claim can ever be substantiated, but I'm fairly sure legal proceedings and BBB reports can be made public. I guess we'll see from here.

EDIT:
GospelDan's post on Jay's Slyder thread was removed. It detailed credit card companies red flagging Jay Sankey, as well as some other information I do not remember. I unfortunately did not save it. Both of my posts were also removed. Hooray for censorship.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 29, 2009
Well supposedly magic cafe doesn't respond well to criticism. I hope this post doesn't get deleted. I'm done with magic cafe. Yes this is the original silent from magic cafe: Check out my response to Jay's post. Also, go to magic cafe and save Jay's response. No telling if he's going to delete it or have magic cafe pull the thread. Since then, the PS has been removed when they censored GD's comments.

Jay Sankey said:

"Hey Guys,
Hope you are all having a great day. Between spending time with my awesome wife Lisa and my two beautiful kids, performing at gigs, working on creative projects (and trying to get to the gym!) it has been a long time since I posted anything on the Café. And unfortunately, it still seems to be, largely, a place where people who -for the most part- have created very little, feel safe to criticize people who have created quite a lot. Stikes me as a strange way to spend your time, and I just don't see how it can be bringing many of you much joy or insight. But hey, 'each to his own' right?

As for 'SLYDER,' response has been OVER THE TOP. Thanks to the many of you who share my excitement about it. We've received HUNDREDS of pre-orders and even though we are no longer including all the bonus stuff, orders are STILL pouring-in. As for the clips themselves, they are most definitely NOT 'ordinary
clips.' Each hand-crafted clip is custom-designed to make the very most of a very versatile and extremely deceptive principle. Second, including 2 booklets, a second hand-crafted clip AND a bonus trick ('Private Property') with the 'SLYDER' pre-orders, all for JUST $40 was a GREAT deal. Killer value. I know it, and the hundreds of excited people who ordered 'SLYDER' know it too.

Thx for reading these words, and if you would like to get in touch with me directly, please send an email to contact@sankeymagic.com. Unlike far too many people in our community, I still personally answer the vast majority of my own emails because I don't take fans of my work for granted. Never have, never will. I sure hope you all have a nice day. Sincerely, Jay "

My response (which was mysteriously deleted)

I don't know if this post is going to get deleted for "flaming." Just in case, it is being saved. I've also created the username "SilentAgain" on the theory11 forums, just in case I'm deemed too critical.

Let me play devil's advocate here: I don't know if GospelDan is lying or not. I don't know if Jay is lying or not. I haven't seen GospelDan's legal documents or met with his lawyer. Neither do I work for Jay or personally read through his emails.

But let's return to reality. I am more willing to believe GospelDan because he can provide me with concrete evidence that a legal battle is currently underway. The only evidence I can obtain from Jay (legal proceedings/customer service ignoring, etc) is if I worked for him. But hey, I will sway either way. Just convince me.
Isn't it funny that Jay accuses GospelDan of taking meds? Can anyone please confirm this? So GospelDan is apparently some wacko that is spreading lies against Jay? Oh wait, should I up my dosage of Prozac just because I have previously bashed your abysmal Bending the real product? What about the other posters who oppose your views Jay? I suppose they need to check in their local mental institution. My point is it's easy to accuse someone of being crazy without proof.

Just to cement to my readers, Jay can accuse GospelDan of taking meds. But really, where's the proof? Just because people don't see things your way, we're suddenly crazy, Jay? Wait a minute, this is your "proof" that GospelDan is crazy: You (Jay) have said that you haven't been getting calls from credit card companies or lawyers. I don't know if the former claim can ever be substantiated, but I'm fairly sure legal proceedings and BBB reports can be made public. I guess we'll see from here.

EDIT:
GospelDan's post on Jay's Slyder thread was removed. It detailed credit card companies red flagging Jay Sankey, as well as some other information I do not remember. I unfortunately did not save it. Both of my posts were also removed. Hooray for censorship.

You're post missed the PS part, e.g. the rude comment to Gospel Dan. Here it is:

Hey Guys,
Hope you are all having a great day. Between spending time with my awesome wife Lisa and my two beautiful kids, performing at gigs, working on creative projects (and trying to get to the gym!) it has been a long time since I posted anything on the Caf�. And unfortunately, it still seems to be, largely, a place where people who -for the most part- have created very little, feel safe to criticize people who have created quite a lot. Stikes me as a strange way to spend your time, and I just don't see how it can be bringing many of you much joy or insight. But hey, 'each to his own' right? As for 'SLYDER,' response has been OVER THE TOP. Thanks to the many of you who share my excitement about it. We've received HUNDREDS of pre-orders and even though we are no longer including all the bonus stuff, orders are STILL pouring-in. As for the clips themselves, they are most definitely NOT 'ordinary
clips.' Each hand-crafted clip is custom-designed to make the very most of a very versatile and extremely deceptive principle. Second, including 2 booklets, a second hand-crafted clip AND a bonus trick ('Private Property') with the 'SLYDER' pre-orders, all for JUST $40 was a GREAT deal. Killer value. I know it, and the hundreds of excited people who ordered 'SLYDER' know it too. Thx for reading these words, and if you would like to get in touch with me directly, please send an email to contact@sankeymagic.com. Unlike far too many people in our community, I still personally answer the vast majority of my own emails because I don't take fans of my work for granted. Never have, never will. I sure hope you all have a nice day. Sincerely, Jay PS. If any of you are in contact on the Caf� with a guy called 'Gospel Dan' (too funny) please tell him to 'keep taking his meds.' (Maybe even consider 'upping the dosage.') He's been posting comments about about my customer service dept 'ignoring emails' and credit card companies about to 'pull my privileges.' He's even mentioned 'legally filed complaints' against me. Not a single word of this is true. I haven't received a single phone call or email from any credit card company EVER, or been contacted by a legal organization of any kind EVER. It's seriously beyond me how the rest of you put up with these crack pots on the Caf�!

Jul 31, 2011
I copied and pasted straight from the magic cafe right after they deleted my two posts, GospelDan's, one from Astrocity, and several others that mentioned BABOM. Raze, I don't know how you got the PS part but I could have swore I copied all of Jay's post. I think it's just me but Jay/the moderators somehow edited his post. I wish I knew, cuz I permanently blocked the MC site from my computer.

You're post missed the PS part, e.g. the rude comment to Gospel Dan. Here it is:

Hey Guys,
Hope you are all having a great day. Between spending time with my awesome wife Lisa and my two beautiful kids, performing at gigs, working on creative projects (and trying to get to the gym!) it has been a long time since I posted anything on the Caf�. And unfortunately, it still seems to be, largely, a place where people who -for the most part- have created very little, feel safe to criticize people who have created quite a lot. Stikes me as a strange way to spend your time, and I just don't see how it can be bringing many of you much joy or insight. But hey, 'each to his own' right? As for 'SLYDER,' response has been OVER THE TOP. Thanks to the many of you who share my excitement about it. We've received HUNDREDS of pre-orders and even though we are no longer including all the bonus stuff, orders are STILL pouring-in. As for the clips themselves, they are most definitely NOT 'ordinary
clips.' Each hand-crafted clip is custom-designed to make the very most of a very versatile and extremely deceptive principle. Second, including 2 booklets, a second hand-crafted clip AND a bonus trick ('Private Property') with the 'SLYDER' pre-orders, all for JUST $40 was a GREAT deal. Killer value. I know it, and the hundreds of excited people who ordered 'SLYDER' know it too. Thx for reading these words, and if you would like to get in touch with me directly, please send an email to contact@sankeymagic.com. Unlike far too many people in our community, I still personally answer the vast majority of my own emails because I don't take fans of my work for granted. Never have, never will. I sure hope you all have a nice day. Sincerely, Jay PS. If any of you are in contact on the Caf� with a guy called 'Gospel Dan' (too funny) please tell him to 'keep taking his meds.' (Maybe even consider 'upping the dosage.') He's been posting comments about about my customer service dept 'ignoring emails' and credit card companies about to 'pull my privileges.' He's even mentioned 'legally filed complaints' against me. Not a single word of this is true. I haven't received a single phone call or email from any credit card company EVER, or been contacted by a legal organization of any kind EVER. It's seriously beyond me how the rest of you put up with these crack pots on the Caf�!

Just got an email newsletter from Jay (basically a weekly load of barf from Jay talking in third person about how great his stuff is...). In it was a section with a heading entitled "'BIG ASS BOX' UPDATE!" I thought that maybe, just MAYBE Jay would have the guts to actually address the people who have had problems with this but instead I got this...

The rave reviews for Jay's 'BIG BOX' promotion continue to roll in. Jay felt so badly about the jammed website that he included a personally autographed playing card in every box. We also included a few bonus items, not in just the first 50 boxes (as originally advertised) but in ALL the boxes! [Special note to our overseas customers. The BIG BOXES will take 4-6 weeks to arrive. Remember, they are BIG. We appreciate your patience.]

Oh Jay. Please go back to the Sankey Unleashed/Front Row Sankey/Sankey Panky days :(

Sep 9, 2008
Well I am glad i have found this forum. I am having the same trouble trying to get a reply from the Sankey HQ. I have emailed 3 times for an update on my order. as it stated on there website "airmail with trakcing" I have had no info whatsoever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results