Big Ass Box of Magic Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 13, 2011
Probably, it wasn't deleted, it's just private. He might be adding to or editing it, so well have to keep an eye out. I'll be posting mine July 21 (tomorrow) on my channel, TheFancyWalrus1.

Jul 9, 2011
Now What?

So has anyone heard from Sankey and Crew at all in the past week? A member here contacted Jay through facebook and Jay replied saying to contact him directly and gave out his email. But he nor I have received a reply from "eric" or Jay directly in the last week, anyone else?

The Better Business Bureau case states that he must reply to them by July 25th - yup this Monday, if no reply is made not sure what happens with the case - My lawyer is also looking at a case if anyone would be interested in the people agains Sankey Magic Co. which would be for... False Advertisement, Unlawful Advertisements (I.e. bait & switch), As well as the fact that he also believes that shipping was over charged - so Sankey Magic would have to prove that it actually cost the price on the bill to ship the item.

Hope this gets solved soon as I'm sick of Sankey - but I'm not quitting this as it needs to be solved. "creators" in the magic world (mainly Jay) need to learn this is a SMALL community, and we all talk!

Daniel

Jul 13, 2011
I haven't heard anything from them. There's another review on YouTube from The12ofclubs, but it looks like he doesn't know that he's missing some stuff from his. Expect to see my video up on Sunday or Monday, my cameras been having some problems. Other than that, I'll keep asking and hope for a reply. (By the way, I posted a comment on one of Jay's videos about how I was missing stuff from my box, now the comment is gone. I'm assuming that they're hiding this from Jay...)

Jul 13, 2011
Saluda, NC
Why all the revenge?

- And those complaints will keep on coming until it is rectified via Eric, or Jay themselves - or through The Better Business Bureau, Service Ontario, or My Attorney, OR through my purchase dispute with my credit card company.

I suggest everyone else with ANY issue - do 3 of the above. They all cost you NOTHING and will take you less than 10 minutes to do. The Attorney will take some time and some money - but to me it's the principle not the $

I'm just wondering why everyone is so vengeful against Sankey Magic. BBB? Really? Over a super deep discounted product that you were offered an exchange on? Do you understand business? Do you understand how hard it is to run a successful business when you are marketing to such a small group of consumers? Jay is excellent at what he does-both as a businessman and as a contributor to the magic community.

Jul 13, 2011
Saluda, NC
Not wishing to be the lone malcontent here, but when I initially ordered the BABOM, there were three dvds I already owned. I quickly did the math and realized that I would be getting a swell deal, even factoring out the dupes. When I got my box, there was only 1 dupe in it. I haven't compared lists with what was in my box, but there is some stuff in there I wasn't expecting. So, for me, this was win-win.

I can *theoretically* understand your complaint. But, then again, on the other hand, you got a 65% discount on a truck load of stuff. I'm not telling anyone what to do. But if this had happened to me, I would have done the math calculations on how much money I saved and left it at that. But that's me, and I guess I take a more flexible stance on the situation.

I agree realistic consumer guy.

Jul 13, 2011
Saluda, NC
I just received my package yesterday and I'm very disappointed, here's what I'm missing in the package:
1.)Sleight of Hand secrets with coins
2.)earplugs
3.)Insider
4.)final fusion
5.)shift
6.)Untorn
7.) reconstruction
8.) tranz4mr
9.) Juicier fruit
10.) razor's edge
11.) holy stretch
12.) killer key
That's $190 rip off for me.
I was thinking of sending an email to them but they'll probably ignore it.
Please stop this scam.

Why don't you post a list of what you did receive so those of us who were satisfied can understand all this anger?

Jul 9, 2011
I'm just wondering why everyone is so vengeful against Sankey Magic. BBB? Really? Over a super deep discounted product that you were offered an exchange on? Do you understand business? Do you understand how hard it is to run a successful business when you are marketing to such a small group of consumers? Jay is excellent at what he does-both as a businessman and as a contributor to the magic community.

The biggest reason I and i believe others are continuing this is due to the way we were treated when we made a complaint. In the beginning all it would have taken from Jay was an I'm sorry, is there a possible way to rectify the situation? Instead I received emails from his customer support team bashing me along with my website, rude comments, etc.

You're right it is a small community to market to - Jay should realize this fact because as a small community we all talk - and many from reading these emails from myself, eric, and others who have complained have boycotted Sankey Magic.

If that isn't enough I contacted my credit card company and faxed them ALL documents I had about the situation - 3 individuals agreed it was shady, and that something needed to be done. This company has launched an investigation with the possibly outcome of suspending the use of their card with this company.

Also My BBB case is to close in the next 2 weeks :)

D

Jul 13, 2011
Saluda, NC
So has anyone heard from Sankey and Crew at all in the past week? A member here contacted Jay through facebook and Jay replied saying to contact him directly and gave out his email. But he nor I have received a reply from "eric" or Jay directly in the last week, anyone else?

The Better Business Bureau case states that he must reply to them by July 25th - yup this Monday, if no reply is made not sure what happens with the case - My lawyer is also looking at a case if anyone would be interested in the people agains Sankey Magic Co. which would be for... False Advertisement, Unlawful Advertisements (I.e. bait & switch), As well as the fact that he also believes that shipping was over charged - so Sankey Magic would have to prove that it actually cost the price on the bill to ship the item.

Hope this gets solved soon as I'm sick of Sankey - but I'm not quitting this as it needs to be solved. "creators" in the magic world (mainly Jay) need to learn this is a SMALL community, and we all talk!

Daniel

A lawyer? what are the damages? what are you hoping to gain? Even if the box was only half full it was still a good deal. Are you trying to punish Jay? I think you might be a little sensitive my friend. What was in your box? Mine was missing some stuff too but I still know a good deal when I see one.

Jan 29, 2009

Allen - yes is was a huge discount on items, but we didn't buy a box of "over $500 worth of magic for $180", we bought a specific list of items for $180 and those items weren't delivered. The CPB and BBB are avenues consumers can take to protect themselves. The CPB doesn't take these things lightly. They will investigate and respond with appropriate actions.

Jul 13, 2011
Indeed, this is an amazing deal for how much he could have sold it for.(A tip of the hat to Sankey for that one) But, if their going to advertise what we'll be getting in the box, I expect those items to be there. Not just for magic, but for every time I purchase something. Customer service is there to help fix problems like these, not to insult or make rude comments to customers that merly want what they paid their hard earned money for. Just my thoughts on it.

Jul 13, 2011
Saluda, NC
Why no opposing viewpoints?

A lawyer? what are the damages? what are you hoping to gain? Even if the box was only half full it was still a good deal. Are you trying to punish Jay? I think you might be a little sensitive my friend. What was in your box? Mine was missing some stuff too but I still know a good deal when I see one.

Just curious as to why you don't want to hear any opposing viewpoints? You are now doing the same thing you are complaining about being done to you....Do you post things online so you can hear comments that are in agreement with yours?

Jul 13, 2011
Saluda, NC
I just got booted from the FB page set up to bash Sankey. Apparently, these guys can't handle hearing anything that is in opposition to their complaining.

Jan 29, 2009
I just got booted from the FB page set up to bash Sankey. Apparently, these guys can't handle hearing anything that is in opposition to their complaining.

Sorry about that Allen. We were fine until the conversation went downhill and started to become personal.

Jul 13, 2011
Saluda, NC
I feel just as jaded as you! Mine was missing TEN items which were on the list as well as I didnt receive Final Fusion Gimmicks.
I had only FOUR items sent in place of the TEN missing, 10-4=SIX, I feel jaded as well my friend! Not only that out of the 4 "replacements" I own them already! I sent an email to jays people and pretty much got told tough luck. infact it said

"sorry you are disappointed. That's def not what we want you to feel.

Thank goodness sooooooooo many of other customers don't feel the same way."

It also went on to say that Jay stated previous that Items were limited and not garunteed to be inside your box - which is bull. When I spen $200 on a list I expect that list or very close to that list to be put in: Here's what mine was missing...

SUPERNATURAL--$30.00
INTERNATIONAL--$15.00
JUICIER FRUIT--$15.00
SHIFT--$10.00
UNTORN--$15.00
Final Fusion Gimmicks * Wasn't on original list but shown in video's*
TRANZ4MR--$15.00
99--$25.00
RAZOR'S EDGE (only the US quarter)--$15.00
HOLY STRETCH--$20.00
KILLER KEY (US quarter)--$25.00
PANDORA'S BOX--$25.00

So post a list of what you did get......and was the worst thing you were called "rude"

XabierL

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2010
Mine hasnt arrive yet... Where the h**l is it? I really want to see if it has everything...

Jul 13, 2011
Saluda, NC
Sorry about that Allen. We were fine until the conversation went downhill and started to become personal.

I am not the one who is making this a personal matter. Why was I removed? I have not questioned anyone's intelligence, as mine was, I am simply taking a position opposite of yours. Apparently, removing posts that bring about discussion as opposed to agreement is your modus operandi. If you want everyone to agree with you, perhaps the internet isn't the vehicle you should be using to promote your dissatisfaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results