Black Cards

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
They look cool :p

I suppose it's just something that sets you aside from the standard oldstyle magician so many people are used to - I use all sorts of cards, but I get most comments aesthetically about my tigers.

If you play about with the darker side of magic they're cool, I did a walkaround gig hallowe'en at an Eerie Pub Co. (Crazy gothic looking bars!) bar called the Pit and Pendulum here in the UK and they really fit well there!

D.

Dec 5, 2007
New York City
They look cool :p

I suppose it's just something that sets you aside from the standard oldstyle magician so many people are used to - I use all sorts of cards, but I get most comments aesthetically about my tigers.

If you play about with the darker side of magic they're cool, I did a walkaround gig hallowe'en at an Eerie Pub Co. (Crazy gothic looking bars!) bar called the Pit and Pendulum here in the UK and they really fit well there!

D.

Thast a reason.Monday is black day in my school so im going to bring my tigers

Feb 21, 2008
They look cool. But I myself am completely satisfied with regular bikes and tallys. Also they cost twice the amout of money than regular cards, and in the long run it will be very expensive. So black cards are a no for me.

Dec 5, 2007
New York City
They look cool. But I myself am completely satisfied with regular bikes and tallys. Also they cost twice the amout of money than regular cards, and in the long run it will be very expensive. So black cards are a no for me.

I only do magic normal bikes the only times i use my tigers is when i do flourishes and in black day

There have been many, many discussions on this topic... like this one. But as for my opinion, on custom decks/black decks is that the ones on the market today are much better quality and look wonderful. I personally can't afford many custom decks so I stick with regular bikes, but when I do have a deck or two of a black deck/custom deck I will use it until they're dead. They all handle like a dream.

Mitchell

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
also, black cards are better for loop work (ESPECIALLY close up loop work).

and they give me a reason to buy silver sharpies :)

Sep 2, 2007
I use loops rather often so black decks are ideal for me. I also think they are a nice change to what people are used to...I am trying to show them to enough people in hopes that one day people won't think that they are a trick deck and what not. So, if you too like black decks please don't be afraid to use them...some day people will trust them...I haven't had too many problems thus far. Though I do have a band of people that believe that my vipers are magnetic some how...I don't want to know how much that would cost but anyways.

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
To be honest, I don't like black cards. I used to, but when the edges start to whiten they look horrible. Plus, there's always the chance that the spectator will think they're a trick deck. But that's not that big of a deal.

Yes, they look sexy, but they're not for me. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results