bSmith vs. Justin Miller controversial lecture tour

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I'm going to show up to his lecture, and I think I'll probably learn alot from two very knowledgable guys and be happy to meet them. He claims that in that video the smoke was 'Ultra-Smoke 2K' but all you guys insist that it is weed. How do you all KNOW it was weed? Believe me, everyone has had those moments where it seems like every little thing is funny and you just can't stop laughing to the point that your stomach hurts or you are crying.

And hey, so what if it is weed? I don't do it...never touched it...never will. One of my best friends smokes though and he respects that I don't do it and we never have any problems and he is seriously one of the coolest, nicest guys to be around and hang out with.

To each his own...JM and B. Smith are still amazing at what they do and probably pretty great guys once you get to know them. As of now, I can't wait to meet them. That's not to say, however, that my opinion can't change AFTER I meet them.

ATH

May 1, 2010
He claims that in that video the smoke was 'Ultra-Smoke 2K' but all you guys insist that it is weed. How do you all KNOW it was weed? Believe me, everyone has had those moments where it seems like every little thing is funny and you just can't stop laughing to the point that your stomach hurts or you are crying.

Ultra Smoke 2k? That is sarcasm, my friend. JM stated pretty clearly that he doesn't use Ultra Smoke anymore anyways because it's toxic or something (oh, the irony).

Apr 18, 2010
R.K,
We are really looking forward to meeting you as well...please come up to us and remind us who u r..as we meet a lot of people.
And I think everyone on this thread should be able to speak their mind and say what they feel...I respect that and I also encourage it.
No one really knows anyone unless they became the other person...I will always have people who hate me and I will always have people who respect and support what I do..one cannot survive without the other...Im fine with that.
JM

Apr 18, 2010
oh thats easy they passed because we already had a set schedule for this tour and because rings have to vote on who comes in and if they have enough financial means, they need time to do that and since it was the last minute they did not have enough time to vote or promote our lecture to their club...so they passed. Anything else I can answer for you shindrichs?
JM

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
R.K,
We are really looking forward to meeting you as well...please come up to us and remind us who u r..as we meet a lot of people.
And I think everyone on this thread should be able to speak their mind and say what they feel...I respect that and I also encourage it.
No one really knows anyone unless they became the other person...I will always have people who hate me and I will always have people who respect and support what I do..one cannot survive without the other...Im fine with that.
JM

So you don't deny it was weed. XD

Jun 10, 2010
RK, let's put it this way, son. You want to be as creative as me? Create freeDumb pack 2.0? Here, take a hit of bong. It's good for you, son.

It's not that he smokes weed, it's that he openly proclaims he does and encouraged it in order to "be like him", since it "helps his creativity." If FP is what he came up with while high, I'd hate to see any of his work sober. He could be knowledgeable, sure, but that doesn't mean he's not a piece of ****. Oh, and he says I talk to HIM in a condescending tone - ask anybody on TMS. Few guys like Shindrichs, Casey, and Zach can tell you what he said to me when I asked him not to call me his son. Best 2 minute rant I've ever seen a guy on weed give over the interwebz.

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
RK, let's put it this way, son. You want to be as creative as me? Create freeDumb pack 2.0? Here, take a hit of bong. It's good for you, son.

It's not that he smokes weed, it's that he openly proclaims he does and encouraged it in order to "be like him", since it "helps his creativity." If FP is what he came up with while high, I'd hate to see any of his work sober. He could be knowledgeable, sure, but that doesn't mean he's not a piece of ****. Oh, and he says I talk to HIM in a condescending tone - ask anybody on TMS. Few guys like Shindrichs, Casey, and Zach can tell you what he said to me when I asked him not to call me his son. Best 2 minute rant I've ever seen a guy on weed give over the interwebz.

And didn't he also rant and bash Luke Dancy after he asked Luke to review Freedom Pack and then didn't like the fact that Luke was honest enough to say it needed more time put into it and it was overpriced?

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
This thread is starting to going into the wrong way...

Let everybody have the opinion they like...this thread is only about the lecture...nothing more, nothing less...please...keep your discussion on PM`s...

P.D. I spoke like a Mod...jejeje

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
This thread is starting to going into the wrong way...

Let everybody have the opinion they like...this thread is only about the lecture...nothing more, nothing less...please...keep your discussion on PM`s...

P.D. I spoke like a Mod...jejeje

JM said that he encourages us to speak our minds.

Apr 18, 2010
JM said that he encourages us to speak our minds.

Absolutely, speak you mind on anything you want..this is the internet we should not censor peoples thoughts and ideas...even if they come on here and say that not only is JM a blah blah blah..but he also just sprouted an apple out of his head (man that would be a great trick) whatever it is, it should be very entertaining.
JM

P.S.Oh and Anna I would like to offer you a full refund..just send me your pay-pal receipt to my e-mail enduremiller@gmail.com and I will send you back your hard earned cash.

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
Absolutely, speak you mind on anything you want..this is the internet we should not censor peoples thoughts and ideas...even if they come on here and say that not only is JM a blah blah blah..but he also just sprouted an apple out of his head (man that would be a great trick) whatever it is, it should be very entertaining.
JM

P.S.Oh and Anna I would like to offer you a full refund..just send me your pay-pal receipt to my e-mail enduremiller@gmail.com and I will send you back your hard earned cash.

I don't want a refund. And you shouldn't offer one. I honestly have nothing against you man. Don't call your own product FreeDUMB pack by the way. That is just self-degrading.

I honestly have nothing against the product and I even use it as a finale to my close up show at the magic castle. It is gold. However, the only thing I don't agree with is the way it was all built up to be awesome saying you have so much freedom with it when you don't. That is really it. Just building things up too much.
That and just a couple other things.
You smoking weed and posting it. (I am not 100% it was weed however you didn't deny it which puzzles me).
You bashing Luke Dancy about his review of your product.

Again I have nothing against you man. Freedom Pack is gold. And I use it in my close up show.

JD

Jul 5, 2009
Longview, Texas
R.K,
JM

Man I'm sick of people hating on you. I'm going to your lecture tomorrow in Bossier. Personally I don't care wtf you do on your own time. All I know is that you are a hell of a magician, and so is b.Smith. I can't wait to meet both of you.

Urrrrm I think it is fair to point out that we are all human and make mistakes. On top of that, people are different depending on where you meet them. No one is without their faults, plus have any of you gotten high? It's ****ing brilliant! /sarcasm...or is it? ;)

I went to JM + B. Smith's lecture a few months ago and it was awesome! I learned some very practical and strong effects from them and had a great time in general. I would really recommend anyone to go see their lecture.

Do yourself a favor... Stay out of the politics in magic.
It's a waste of time.

What I want to know is how this even became anyone else's problem in the first place? Kevin Smith smokes pot and I still respect him as a director and watch his movies...well movie Clerks was his only good one. Brad Pitt, Quentin Tarantino, President Obama, numerous other popular figures in culture all get high. Yet I've seen less hostility flown toward (Excluding the president, because lets be real, most of us hate the things presidents do) them as I am seeing being thrown toward Smith and Miller. On top of that, I am not a judgmental Tw*t and will not let my personal morals keep me from learning from someone who has been in magic or whatever, longer then I have. They have the experience and they have knowledge that needs to be passed down in order to push magic forward.

But whatever, I think most of the people in here prosecuting haven't left the shelter of their parents and are still living the dream that one day they will become the next Criss Angel or David Copperfield or (Insert magical superstar here).

Last edited by a moderator:

JD

Jul 5, 2009
Longview, Texas
What I want to know is how this even became anyone elses problem in the first place? Kevin Smith smokes pot and I still respect him as a director and watch his movies...well movie Clerks was his only good one. Brad Pitt, Quentin Tarantino, President Obama, numerous other popular figures in culture all get high. Yet I've seen less hostility flown toward (Excluding the president, because lets be real, most of us hate the things presidents do) them as I am seeing being thrown toward Smith and Miller. On top of that, I am not a judgmental **** and will not let my personal morals keep me from learning from someone who has been in magic or whatever, longer then I have. They have the experience and they have knowledge that needs to be passed down in order to push magic forward.

But whatever, I think most of the people in here prosecuting haven't left the shelter of their parents and are still living the dream that one day they will become the next Criss Angel or David Copperfield or (Insert magical superstar here).

You're my new favorite person on these forums.

CalvinTan

Elite Member
What JM and BSmith do in their personal time should have nothing to do with their magic or products. The focus should be on their lecture and the products they sell. Personal issues such as having a problem with how they live their lives should not be brought into play.

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
@Justin (mostly) & BSmith - You guys can avoid most of this cyber-bullying and trolling from people if you (1) spent time checking your grammar because it makes you look respectable and professional, (2) if you delete questionable videos from your YouTube accounts that only cause problems and make you an easy target, and (3) if you think about everything for 5 minutes before you click "Send" or "Post" on public pages for all to see. There is no practical reasoning behind showing yourselves drunk and/or high online, unless you want people to mess with you.

I respect a lot of the ideas that you two have developed over the past decade or so, and I just want to see you guys being treated well more often. Reading this thread is painful, and I know it doesn't have to be that way if you just listen to what I said in the last paragraph and take it to heart. When you pay little or no attention to grammar, it makes us think that you don't respect the people you are talking to, even though that probably isn't true at all. It makes you look rushed and desperate, like car salesmen. :/

Anyways, good luck with the lectures, I would love to meet you guys someday, hopefully you can come to Sac/SF for a lecture some time. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results