BULLETIN : andthensome +YOURSTUFF Contest

Sep 1, 2007
I am so there. I've got a move, I've finally got my camera up in NY, and I finally got Final Cut Pro. Even if I lose, I'll get to make a cool video...

Sep 1, 2007
Question: If we choose not to add music because we (and I mean the royal "we," referring, of course, to me) can't compose worth s***, will other music ultimately be added to the final product?

Also, who will be seeing these tutorials?

Sep 3, 2007
Can you define original?

I have a version of Chicago Opener that I might try to submit. It's nothing groundbreaking but I've added some flourishy touches that help to cover the moves.

Just wondering?

Nov 3, 2007
Kyrgyzstan
WOW. I waited this tread... Mmmm. Dan and Dave and Theory11 I love you guys!!! :)

SO PLZ answer me on some questions. I can make vid with demonstrating (trick, flourishes, everythingelse, andthesome e.t.c. :)) and with tutorial? can I make only perfomance vid?

ANd what about music. Can I use music in vid or no? Cause without music it's not intersting :)

THNX a lot for this contest. I'm waiting answer, guys!

WOW. I waited this tread... Mmmm. Dan and Dave and Theory11 I love you guys!!! :)

SO PLZ answer me on some questions. I can make vid with demonstrating (trick, flourishes, everythingelse, andthesome e.t.c. :)) and with tutorial? can I make only perfomance vid?

ANd what about music. Can I use music in vid or no? Cause without music it's not intersting :)

THNX a lot for this contest. I'm waiting answer, guys!

I am almost 100% certain you must include a tutorial. If you just showed a performance then it wouldn't be nearly as appealing as a move that has a performance and then is taught in-depth for you too learn. It's like showing you the most delicious lollipop in the world, without telling you where to buy it or how to make it afterwards.

And you can add music as long as it is royalty free. Meaning it can't be My Humps by the Black Eyed Peas since they own the rights to the song. So, music is allowed, it just has to be royalty free.

-RA69

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
DAMN! I really wanted to use that! :D

On a side note, what exactly was 'humps' refer to? I'm not entirely sure on that one

Chazz: We're gonna dance to one song, and one song only: "Lady Humps" by the Blackeyed Peas. "What you gonna do with all that junk, all that junk inside your trunk? I’m a get you, get you drunk, get you drunk off my lady humps, my humps, my humps, my lovely lady humps."

Jimmy: [disgusted] I'm not skating to anything with references to lady humps. I don't even know what that means.

Chazz: No one knows what it means, but it's provocative...
-Chazz Michael Michaels and Jimmy MacElroy

Digress.

I can't decide between trick, flourish or everything else...which should be submitted?
Oh well...I'll just toss my 3-sided coin to figure it out...

-Rik

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
I am going to enter something I've been working with for a couple of days weeks now, its only seen the light of the winodw on the bus, but I'll have it shine.

Gustav

Nov 23, 2008
Can we use silent teaching as long as it is clear? Or is speech a necessity? I don't mind either way, just thought an answer would be appreciated.

Sep 2, 2007
I pretty sure that, as long as it's clear, they'll accept it.

EDIT: Essentially, any song either A: newer than 75 years, or B: Does not claim royalties on it's music is royalty free. For example: ANY song on MTV? You have to pay royalty's if it's going to be used in public (Radio stations, T.V. stations all have to do it) go into Google and search 'royalty free music downloads' and you should get some good songs.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results