Business Question

This question is directed specifically at those in the community that have experience doing shows for various types of parties, get togethers, or any other types of gatherings.

My question (In mulitplpe parts) is:
What do you charge?
How did you come up with that figure?
Did you start with that figure or work your way up to it?
How long have you performed proffesionally? (For credentials sake)

I am looking for a fairly specific answer, so as well meaning as I'm sure it would be, I would appreciate no input regarding marketing, advertising, how to book at interview/audition, what to put into my routine, or any other business aspect of magic. I'm not trying to be rude, but that is simply not what I am asking about. When I'm ready for that info (and I will be...count on it), I will ask.

All I'm asking for is a specific amount and how you decided on that amount. Thanks for the help!

~The Asian

Sep 1, 2007
austria
honestly, i can't tell you any specifics about this myself, but i highly recommend buying jay sankey's "the real work on restaurants and bars", sankey covers alot of the business aspects of magic there, like how to audition, what to charge, how to present yourself, ...... you get the idea.
i think that could help you alot, because sankey is a very experienced magician and he really goes into detail with everything.
anyway, i hope i could help ;-)

Dex

Sep 18, 2007
North of France.
Since we are asking profesional questions here are some of mine :

- In restaurants how much time do you spend per table, how many tricks ?

- How many routines have you got prepared for a table ?

- How do you reset in between tables ?

I'm working on routining right now (putting tricks together in a clean, fluid and logical way) but I don't want to create a routining that'll take 10 minutes to reset, or make it to long or to short.

Otherwise for the first question I usually charge 20 euros, because that was what people gave me without me even asking for money.

I've been working "proffesionally" (parties and aperitifs) since febuary, and I'm soon going to start table hopping.

I have 3 routines. Each during between 5 and 10 minutes.
It allows me to do 3 tables without having to reset.
It's a good point when table are really close. If people see something in my back, I can change my routine.

The time spent at a table is variable. It depends of the number of table!
The rule is easy : 1 magician for 100 persons.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results