caculus collectors

Apr 28, 2008
There's some good points and some bad points about it.

It's an interesting variation on the Collectors plot, it's nice to see something a bit different.

The Duck change was performed very well and there was some nice moves in the vanish sequence. Your pass is fairly good.

i had just learned the clipshift, so try not to comment on itt!!!
This is not an acceptable reason for a poor performance, if you haven't learnt a move properly then wait until you have to film it properly, if you flash then film it again, don't be lazy.

The whole counting sequence at the start dragged a bit, I don't think there was any need to do it both ways. If I was doing it i'd probably do the 'countdown' then do a four of a kind production to bring them all back, or just cut out this sequence.

It's really obvious when you get a break, you just slide the cards over in full view, an observant spectator will quickly catch on to this. Try to tilt your hand down a bit when you do this (obviously this action needs to look motivated). It's even worse when you start pulling up cards at the back, I can't stand it when magicians do this, it's so suspicious and unnatural, there's no way to justify this strange action, it's obvious you're going to do a sleight. Even if spectators don't catch the sleight it makes your card handling look amateurish and unelegant, I think spectators notice this, even if not conciously.

This is just personal preference but I don't like kickers that are unrelated to the effect, e.g. the sudden appearance of a royal flush, in my opinion it's impressive but illogical. You should maybe rethink the structure of the effect.

like i said, this is old footage, mr. squiril. it was superflip, no duck change used. it really is a routine of four effects:

1. my version of math study.
2. my collecting vanish thingy.
3. the interlashed change
4. recollected.

thank you for your imput. this video is ment for an idea of structuring. this is what the main idea of the video.

the get readys are garbage, i know this. to this day, its what i work on. thanks.

peace.
-andy

no patter could be used due to the fact that if soo id have to use a S**** editor. the idea behind the royal flush was to go from magic and equations to actual "magic". the structuring was a little weak, but in real performance, i really do pause and talk. im still thinking of transitional patter to use.

Sep 1, 2007
Interesting ideas in this little set of effects. i actually thought that as a routine it hangs together fairly well although it seems to me like its missing one essential aspect - room for audience interaction.

And, whilst fully aware that I'm being picky, as a maths teacher I feel the need to say:

It's spelt CALCULUS!

Cheers,
David.

Aug 2, 2008
Cincinnati
And, whilst fully aware that I'm being picky, as a maths teacher I feel the need to say:

It's spelt CALCULUS!

Cheers,
David.

Agreed on that. As a math teacher myself, I was waiting for you to take derivatives and integrals. Oh well. As for the routine, it wasn't bad. I'd like to hear some patter rather then reading text.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results