Cannot do fans !

Discussion in 'Cardistry & Flourishing Forum' started by Stevens, Jan 13, 2013.

1. I just cannot get them to fan out evenly! Some areas there's huge gaps and some areas there's just a bunch of cards that got fanned a little, making the fan look like crap and messy.
    . Be it the thumb fan, pressure fan or the one handed fan .
    Is there any tips on this ?

2. The cards are either bad or used. Buy new cards. ALSO, it's all about practice, you know, Rome wasn't built in a day.

3. Definitely the cards. I had trouble for a long time, the same as you. Once you get the better cards the easier the fan becomes. Get a deck just for practice and keep one just for presentation. But carry those practice cards with you EVERYWHERE. Waiting in line, on a plane, train, in a box, with a fox.....you get it. You will work not near as hard with a better deck.

Good luck!

4. among all of the fans , i find the pressure fan the best as is works even for old decks . Thus , you should focus more on pressure fan !

5. Just some advice... If you plan on ever having many decks or ordering any nice ones, you should consider getting a card clip. It's one of the greatest investments you can get for cards, and it can straighten a deck and improve fanning 100 fold after just one night

6. Is the card clip from Joe Porper good ?

7. I find the one handed fan the easiest. Fanning can be very difficult so it may require a lot of practice. It also may just be that you are doing it incorrectly or learning it from a bad tutorial. GENESIS V1 by Andrei goes over fanning really well.

8. Any card clip should work. Joe Porper clips look very nice. And if you still can't do fans, try fanning them fast, but not toofast that they come out of your hand. Try using the flat of your thumb to fan them also. And good luck