Cards at School

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
my question is why do you say you cant go to a park and perform cuz your not good enough, yet you want to perform at school?

makes no sense to me

at least in a park if you totally blow it you probably wont see the shmoe again

For the guys that say that they are not going to listen to your teachers and just do it anyway...you crack me up. Have a little respect for the adult who is trying to provide you with an education. That is one thing that I see lacking from today's younger generation. I am not even that old, (30) and I see how middle and high school kids talk back to their teachers and even their parents. My old man would have cracked me in the mouth for disrespecting or not listening to an adult.

Tell me about it. No respect anymore.

Aug 18, 2008
my question is why do you say you cant go to a park and perform cuz your not good enough, yet you want to perform at school?

makes no sense to me

at least in a park if you totally blow it you probably wont see the shmoe again

Because there are lots of people to perform for in school, it is the perfect place. Many times there is nothing to do between classes and kids want something to do, so we entertain. There isn't a park within 20 miles of me.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Well
Cards are technically banned from my school. The main reason is the chance of gambling and what not. But its basically pretty loose. There are kids playing with trading cards and what ever, but not much of normal cards.
I do carry a deck with me all the time at school
I got caught once playing just a normal game at school and the teacher tried to confiscate the deck. So I did a deck vanish by Derren Brown called, Zamiel's Rose or something. The teacher was impressed and actually really liked it. So he let me off the hook. I started to perform more magic and I got known as the "magic guy", so most teachers dont care anymore.
But if it is really a big problem. There is always close up magic and street magic.

cards aren't allowed in my school but most teachers let me have them. only got one blue bike taken away, but i had a back up that day anyways. i even flourish during class with my eyes up and the teachers are still fine with it

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
here is the thing, My school allow cards but I played it too much in class and it pisses my teacher off. He warned me that he don't wanna see it again. Guess what? I stick w/ my way of life and I just do what I want (something is worth dying for). I ignored him and keep doing what I'm doing, he is so pissed he choped my cards in half w/ the paper cutter. After that all kind of thing going on. Well that's the past, now that teacher and I are like best friends.

I'm just trying to say is do what u want even though you know it's wrong or not. Other ppl don't know crap about you and they don't live your life. As I already said "Something is worth Dying For".

This is the immature way of thinking that I think his hilarious. People act like, "stick it to the man..." and "just do it, adults dont know anything," and "those rules are stupid, just break them..." yet they know nothing about life or why rules are in place.

Please do not listen to this idiot. Sure, some rules might not seem justified, and yes, some might not be, but it doesn't give you the right to go and break them, especially in high school. All that shows about you is that you have no respect whatsoever for the people or establishments that are in place FOR YOUR sake.

And you say, "some things are worth dying for..." Please, you do not just compare, "sleight of hand magic tricks," with "dying for someone" or even an "extreme religious belief." Yeah, totally a smart thing to say man... "STICK IT TO THE MAN and do anything you want... SURE, they say dont bring cards to school, you should bring them and shove them in the teachers face!!! YEAH!!" Are you kidding me? are you this braindead?

LEAVE the cards at home if that is the rule. You should be studying anyway. Stop acting like you think you are better than the school and the rules, because you aren't. All you are is the epitomy of the type of kids that deserve to be thrown out of class as examples.

Grow up young kids.

Dec 28, 2008
Cards are banned at my school... partly my fault, as i was gambling.
But the teachers don't pay much attention to stupid bans such as this one so I bring the in anyway, as does everyone.
try some rubber band magic, like danny garcia's stuff in the daniel garcia project.

Mar 28, 2009
Malaysia
Cards are banned in my school due to the fact that they might be used for gambling. However, I always have a deck in my pocket and wouldn't mind flashing them and performing them in front of my teachers. Most of them are really supportive of my magic. Probably it's because I'm the top student in my school lol. I've stressed even to the school's discipline teacher that I'm totally against gambling. So, he allows me to bring cards to school!

Jun 12, 2009
Lol this is kind of really funny :D. I learned that cards are banned at my school due to gambling problems... I was showing my classmates some tricks and the teacher was like hey!! stop gambling i was like what?!!! i am not gambling and showed the teacher a trick and well... they dont care anymore.. kind of wierd :D

bentley

Elite Member
Nov 23, 2007
Middle school cards were banned. High school I could use them. College I can use them. By the way look at a trick by Joshua Jay called flash cards. Amazing patter and trick. I love it. It deals with cards being banned and what he did (which is used flashcards) Check it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results