Carnahan Fan Production

Sep 1, 2007
Florida
I have been trying to figure this out. So far I'm thinking something like a splitfan production only not in backpalm. Has anyone else tried this? Any ideas for other methods?

Sep 1, 2007
1 clip steal the deck,
2 tenkai palm aquittal,
3 empty hand covers the regrip... to
4 carnahan fan!

pretty simple and a cool idea, shoot us a video if you make it, my carny fan SUX

Sep 1, 2007
1. clip steal the deck is where you turn to show your left side only to the audience, hiding your right side hand which is stealing your packet of cards from a clip (or in this case, just taking a deck out your pocket I guess) ... you will want to reach for something with your left hand to give this turn a context, or else its going to be really suspicious.

2. tenkai palm involves putting one long end of the deck against your palm and the other long end is held by your thumb, with your arm held straight out the deck is parallel to the floor and hidden from the audience. you will have to turn so now your right side is facing the audience, for a more natural look on the aquittal. you can still do it facing left though, it'll just involve a little more arm-twisting. anyways "acquittal" is showing your hands "empty", in tenkai palm you can open/wave your fingers to show your hand empty... now, your thumb will not be shown, but if you wiggle your OTHER hand in the same fashion, the thumb of which CAN be shown, then nobody will notice your 'missing' thumb that's holding the tenkai palm

3 regrip the deck into your Carny fan grip under the cover of brushing your "empty" hands against each other, or I don't know just figure out some way to cover your regrip.

4. do a carny fan.

* a couple notes, you will probably want to actually reverse my above notation so you can do a left-handed carny fan showing the indicies. same basic idea though. I also recommend watching "XB Xtreme Beginnerz" on the first section, "things to know", jerry shows some nice acquittals that you can use some of the concepts from (he demonstrates a WICKED tenkai acquittal, very fast) also, I hope you actually try this and it works.

Sep 1, 2007
Florida
Thanks, the only two terms that through me was when you said clip steal and acquittal. Everything else I got, but your post will be helpfull to anyone else who is trying to figure this out.

Sep 1, 2007
ah okay I wasn't sure so I just went off. nothing else to do anyways... lol

yeah you should check out Jeff Mcbrides "the art of card manipulation" DVDs vol 1, 2 and 3 (although clip stealing is on the 2nd I think) if you are getting into this production type of magic.

it's going to be really cool if you get this carny fan production, please post a vid, ive never seen one. i can't carny fan to save my life lol :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results