CATAPULT by Brian Platt

That is a very good review. Looks like you cover everything on the DVD completely. I have been looking at getting this DVD for some time now and will likely do so.

I am still working my way through Modern Coin Magic which is a 4 DVD set and is basically a complete course in coin magic. It is really great. I can not believe the amount of material on it. It has more than 170 sleights and tricks on it. Anyway if you are into coin magic you really should get Modern Coin Magic DVD set. It basically covers everything in Bobo's book and it is done in a very professional looking format, not like some guy in his garage with a camcorder.

Sep 1, 2007
Get the book instead. There is even more stuff in the book, and it's less than $10. Don't support Magic Makers. Thanks John for your kind words.

Get the book instead. There is even more stuff in the book, and it's less than $10. Don't support Magic Makers. Thanks John for your kind words.

I have the book but it really helps to see the slights being done as well as reading them. What is wrong with Magic Makers? They say that they are the premier makers of magic instructional videos in the world or something like that.

Oh yea, I just bought Catapult this morning. Should get it in a week or so. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Magic Makers steal other people's effects and claim them as their own. I doubt the video will even help you, the sleights don't even look like they are performed very well from the demo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the Catapult DVD's and what Brian Platt can do with the moves he teaches is unreal. I have been working on some of the slights he teaches and I fool myself with them when I do them right. I have only been working on the moves for a few days now (maybe a hour or two a day) but I can see that I am getting it down fairly quickly and it is very exciting. No gimmicks, no magnets, no strings, no silly coin shells, no nothing but your own skill and a coin or two. I have not even started working on the tic tac trick but that one looks like it will be a lot easier to do than the coin vanishes.

I am very happy with this DVD set. If you want to learn some slights (strikes, pitches and sleeves) that look like real magic, that require no special gimmicks than this DVD is for you. You will have the ability to make coins jump from one hand to the other, change from one type of coin to another and disappear any time you want, which is pretty cool if you ask me.

Combine this with some other coin magic like Revolution vanish and you will be able to really keep your spectators fooled. If you like coin magic then get this DVD set now and wait on any gimmick coin or Raven purchases.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
In the demo is it the Catapult that is being demonstrated right at the end? Or is it something else?

It looks strangely similar to I think the "M.A. Coin Propulsion" found in New Magic of Japan... Does anyone who owns this know?

- Sean

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results