Cerca Trova Ideas

Jan 14, 2008
philippines
how about magic all over the world i mean what are your thoughts??? in america what is the trend?? in europe??? in asia?? we all know that all the well known site in the net are all based in the u.s. and europe...

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
How about where we think magic will be in 10 years. I'm pretty sure that the magic scene today bears no resemblance to the magic scene 10 years, so what will it be like in the future?

TDA

Oct 13, 2008
Do we really need the approval of tens of other performers on the internet before we go and perform for laymen? Or should we just be confident enough in ourselves and our style to perform anyways?

Oct 13, 2008
Got another one:

Habits we develop as performers... unnecessary ones, at that. What I mean is snapping, flashing our hands empty, pointing at things arbitrarily... I see this a lot in videos, and I'm quite confused as to how it all came about. Why do some people do these sorts of things? How did the habits evolve?

Sun|Sky

Oct 11, 2008
What kind of people are attracted to learning magic?

Is there a generaliztion of how magicians act? Do you fit into that catagory? What do you think about stereotyping magicians?

Two ideas.

1. What you do when you mess up. I don't know if this has been posted already though.

2. How you change your patter to adapt to certain audiences. For example, I wouldn't dumb it down for adults, nor would I try to confuddle kids. (yay i made a new word)

Jul 29, 2008
What do you do when you miss up beyond fixability as a cerca trova idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 25, 2008
What is Cerca Trova?

On the first Friday of each month, a thread will be opened within this forum to discuss a specific issue within our art. That thread will only be open for 3 days - Friday, Saturday & Sunday. At the end of the day on Sunday, next months topic will be posted

It doesn't seem to work this way anymore. Can someone update me on what goes on in this part of the forums? Thanks!

~Christopher

Dec 29, 2008
GA
Sorry if any body posted this already because i didn't want to read 11 pages.

1) Why there is a gender unbalance in performing magic.
2) How to practice magic correctly.
3) How to find a crowd to preform to.

Sorry again if i reposted any ideas.

D21400

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Antwerp, Belgium
Self-learning VS being taught

What is the best and what are the advantages and disadvantages?
What is the best for you?
And how to bring this in practice inside you area (think about people in more distants arear's)

Maybey this is a idea. Not?

Apr 7, 2008
Magic Tricks vs Performing actual Magic

The pros and cons to claiming what you do is real. Some people try their best to convince laymen of the existence of real magic by telling them their "tricks" are not tricks at all.

Why or why shouldn't illusionists do this.

Wheee!

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Presentation.

What are things people lack most often?
What are things that can enhance presentation?
How much time do you dedicate towards presenting your magic vs. practicing the moves or learning new tricks?

A lot of advice can be given on presentation. As a group I know the members here could post tips that everyone else could benefit from, and ultimately grow as both magicians and a community.

-Rik

Nov 10, 2008
Magic in general

Hello everyone.

The Idea i would propose,if it hasn't been discussed yet would be the following :

What is magic to you ?

I'll explain myself.

Many of usdeclare being magicians, wich i believe is right, however as a magician, how do you see magic ? what is it exactly to you and why do you love presenting it so much ???

P.s: i know it's a basic question however, I've notice that many of us don't trully take the time to reflect about it.

-Jester-

Magic and science

Sometimes I feel like magic is cheapened by spelling tricks, and or science projects disguised as magic. You should do a Cerca Trova on what defines an illusion and what really makes something feel like magic.

Sep 1, 2007
Here's a few topics to shake things up a little bit.

-Religion and magic. Is there any time when it's appropriate?
-Politics and magic. See above.
-Is there anything for magicians to learn from history's great charlatans, hoaxers, and con men?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results