Change'D

Hey Guys,

Recently I have been working on a little sleight of mine, which I have used in this simple effect in the video below.

The move itself is similar to a pre-existing move, but as far as I am aware has not been used in an application such as this.

The selected card can be moved to the bottom of the deck, or the top, either face up or face down. To move the card to the bottom requires almost no cover, and can be done on every angle besides directly below.

To move the card to the top is also great on all the same angles, but a bit more cover is needed.

It is really useful for a heap of gambling moves, aswell as a heap of other effects which need a card forced to the top of the bottom of a deck.

Let me know what you think about the video, and if you have any ideas on how its done! Its definately not a hard secret to work out as a magician, but I think it could become a pretty useful utility move.

The move below is used as a simple change, with no breaks, duplicates, gimmicks or difficult sleights.

http://www.vimeo.com/4104135

Cheers,
Matty

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
Well, there aren't too many original ways to move a card from the middle to the top/bottom, and since we don't know what fingers you're using, nor do we know exactly what's going on, we cannot confirm any originality.

In any case, you had way too much work going on for this to be used in a gambling game, unless you like being taken out back.

Nov 19, 2007
I liked it a lot

I won't try to vouch for any kind of originality, but I loved the look. Clean and smooth, just the way I like it ^^ Nice job!

Thanks Guys for the replies,

zan314, Thanks!

BCM I replied, the method you suggested isnt correct, every card (besides the selection) stays in the same position, and the same order so there is no half deck flip or pass!

Benjamind the video itself definately shows the move in a more dramatic way than how I would usually use it. Gambling applications were only actually suggested to me after showing the move (and explaining it) to another member on the site.

Perhaps I can show you the method, and you can help me out?

Cheers,
Matt

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results