Chilean Magic In Danger

Dec 1, 2007
A TV show like FOX's "breaking the magicians code" is going to come up on february 15 is going to reveal magicians sleights and lots of secrets:(
Some people here lives from magic...
and no magician want his secrets in an open tv channel:mad:
i really wanted to know if any famous magician that works in this webpge can support our campaign to stop this...
Email me to fal@ito.la or alviknot@hotmail.com
or PM me
any help will be apreciated!
thank you for reading
sorry for my bad english :S
Bye

Jan 13, 2008
Believe it or not, it's not the end of the world.

In fact, the show may increase peoples' interest in magic. Seriously. It's mind boggling how that works, but it's true. Be prepared for more people to be wanting to see your magic!

At worst, nobody will even care, or they'll forget really quickly.

Either way, the options don't seem all that bad, do they? :)

D

Deleted member 2755

I failed to find any show about magic. Some info or the name of the show would be appreciated.

Anyway, I honestly don't care anymore. Every time something like this happens, everyone acts as though its the end of magic...

1. The Masked Magician makes specials..... OH NO! WE CAN'T DO MAGIC ANYMORE!

2. E decks begin to be sold in some stores. NOOO! NOW MAGIC WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!

3. Celbracadabra is on TV.... OH NO! EVERYONE WILL BE BUYING MY MAGIC!

4. Guardians are sold in some stores..... THEORY 11 IS GOING TO DIE NOW!

5. Some new random magic show is going to air.... ITS THE APOCALYPSE!

Anyone see a pattern here? Seriously, your magic won't be affected by this stuff. I honestly could care less. Greedy jerks will be greedy. Its all about money. Having some campaign with magicians won't do anything. As long as the company gets lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, they could care less. You know what? So could I.

-Doug

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
I failed to find any show about magic. Some info or the name of the show would be appreciated.

Anyway, I honestly don't care anymore. Every time something like this happens, everyone acts as though its the end of magic...

1. The Masked Magician makes specials..... OH NO! WE CAN'T DO MAGIC ANYMORE!

2. E decks begin to be sold in some stores. NOOO! NOW MAGIC WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!

3. Celbracadabra is on TV.... OH NO! EVERYONE WILL BE BUYING MY MAGIC!

4. Guardians are sold in some stores..... THEORY 11 IS GOING TO DIE NOW!

5. Some new random magic show is going to air.... ITS THE APOCALYPSE!

Anyone see a pattern here? Seriously, your magic won't be affected by this stuff. I honestly could care less. Greedy jerks will be greedy. Its all about money. Having some campaign with magicians won't do anything. As long as the company gets lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, they could care less. You know what? So could I.

-Doug

True,true

Also after all these shows or things come on to the public..only like one out of a hundred will call you out on it and say"i saw that on..."
Most people after watching such shows dont even remember the methods 5 minutes after watching it.
Nothing will happen man.
Dont worry about it.

Nov 18, 2008
CA
6. Sinful posts on the T11 forums....OH NO HIS AMAZING REVIEWS ARE GOING TO CONVINCE ME TO BUY THE PRODUCT!

...i just realized that has nothing to do with what being discussed here.

But seriously, I catch your drift. Most of these things make little difference.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Honestly, this is what will happen. A guy will sit down, surf the channels, and find the show. He'd be like "Well, there's nothing else on" and stay and watch. He'll see the explanation for say the ACR. He'd go like "Oh! That's how you do it!". The next day, the guy goes on with his busy life and will most likely forget about it. Then he meets you, the honorable magician, and you perform the same ACR routine. He'd be like "WTF?! I saw that on tv a week ago but still, that's f***in amazing!!!"

I've had people say like "You know, i've seen that Masked Magician show but he doesn't do it nearly as good as you."

No matter how much people will deny it, they WANT to be fooled. There's always a little belief in the back of their minds that there really is such thing as magic. By amazing them with your tricks, they will start to confirm it more. And when they search and search for an explanation, and they cant find any (and most of the time they don't WANT to find an explanation) then they will believe that it's real magic. And that's what satisfies people. Most of the time a heckler will ruin a trick simply cuz he's not fooled, he's not impressed, and he's not entertained.

Hopefully that helped.

Jan 6, 2009
u are dxxn right...
watching guy in real performing situation is great...
u are not watching in ur TV..u are watching by ur eyes...
it 's totally different...

althorugh nowaday ...BT is the horrible thing in Magic..share share and share...
i dont think people who are enjoy watching magic will try to download it and find the secert out..

remember when u do a ACR routine ...remind urself..
how many ppl have seen a Beautiful ACR routine like i perform..?

try to be a performer...dont brother what the other think ...
do your best and everything will be FINE~

Jan 6, 2009
your audience is different from MAGICLOVERs like us...

they will never to spend time on knowing the secert..= ="

ask urself...how many time u 've spend in magic ??will they(ur audience) spend even 1/10 of it ??

many people arnt interested in learning magic. and even so they will barely understand it. most people wont even watch the special and care. thoes who do usually will take up magic as a part of it. or at least try to learn magic

D

Deleted member 2755

stupid old stage tricks.

I have never watched one of his specials. However, are you really going to call them stupid? I remember when going through channels, he was showing the illusion where the performer is buried alive and then digs himself out. Was that stupid? Seriously.... Don't insult stage magic as a whole. Its some of the best illusions you'll ever see. I guess stage magicians can say we only do stupid card tricks. I just wanted to point out the ignorance in that statement. You shouldn't just insult a huge part of magic like that.

David Copperfield on stage can fly. I guess that's stupid too.

-Doug

Jun 7, 2008
DC area
www.youtube.com
I have never watched one of his specials. However, are you really going to call them stupid? I remember when going through channels, he was showing the illusion where the performer is buried alive and then digs himself out. Was that stupid? Seriously.... Don't insult stage magic as a whole. Its some of the best illusions you'll ever see. I guess stage magicians can say we only do stupid card tricks. I just wanted to point out the ignorance in that statement. You shouldn't just insult a huge part of magic like that.

David Copperfield on stage can fly. I guess that's stupid too.

-Doug

I havent seen his new stuff, but the stuff i saw from the 90's were mostly dumb

Say what you will about the exposure but it does bring new people to magic.

We can't be too self abosrbed to believe that people will only come to see us if they don't know how our effects are done. That isn't the case at all. People come to see us because they want to be entertained. And entertainment is something you CAN'T expose.

Besides, He only exposes one method. We all know that these effects have multiple methods on how they work. It's not the end of the world.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results