Clip Shift

Sep 1, 2007
Melbourne
As I said earlier, it's a beautiful thing to be able to discuss such fantastic moves and I have no problems against it whatsoever. :)

However, when the topic is constantly harrassed with unneeded comments by certain members, I don't think it's very fair to both the creator or his move. Which is why I said the topic should have been removed from the start; it was built upon an unfair and ill-treated post.

Just my thoughts,
Jordan

Jordan is right, open discussions about moves are welcome but I think you should be discussing only after it is released...
Anyone who says they came up with their own 'original' method for the Clip Shift is fundamentally wrong because all they did was come up with is a method to emulate a move which they saw.... e.g. you can't really claim a move like that to be yours if you tried to copy something else in the first place (unless of course it's a totally different method).

Also saying that its all for the love and fun of our artform also isn't quite right.
How would you like it if you came up with a new sleight and people are just copying it and playing around with it before you actually published it? Chances are someone will just rip you off eh?

Mar 16, 2008
Melbz
Not neccesarily. Once the move is out in the mainstream, the fun of uncovering the mystery of this move will be gone. Besides, there is really only one way of performing this move and most of us have got it down, so whats the harm in discussing the theories behind the move. I'm sure people that just want to know the secret will have a hard time with this move; it's quite advanced.

Thats what I think. Also if one of my moves were about to get published, I'd be pretty stoked that theres so much hype about it, that magicians from all over Earth are dying to figure it out and use it.

Mar 16, 2008
Melbz
You can't 'own' a move. You can be fairly given credit where credit is due. But say some ape-like human copyrighted the act of walking...?

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
I have to agree there, i think everyone has a point here...

i have lots of respect for chad, this move certainly is beatiful and he must have put a lot of effort into it, but i have not yet had one response to my many enquiries into when SURFACED will be released...

i think, it is completely fair to try and simulate a move, if no legal tutorial (eg. the DVD) exists, then people should be free to experiment... all i here is people moaning 'oh youtube will ruin this move...' well its ruined the double lift and many other moves, but there are also some beatiful videos like jordans... we should not sacrifice a move in fear that a few 'youtubers' will post sloppy performances, when it could be used as a great utility move...

i am guilty of learning this move, i have put lots of experimentation and practice into it, and i have got some sort of 'clipshift' down... there is, to me, no problem with it, and i know my clipshift still needs lots of work, and i am yet to use it in person, and wont do so for a while....

i think the argueing should cease, and we should question how long the DVD will be! i will be buying it, and it has been a long time since we heard anything about it.... :(

anyway, just wanted to waffle, cheers

joe

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results