Coin Magic

Sep 1, 2007
Good God do people read anything anymore?
Bobo's modern coin magic...and just start there.

Haven't you heard? Reading is for squares, daddy-o! You only need enough literacy to be able to post YouTube videos and use text messaging.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Most of my coin sleights I originally learned from Bobo's and then I got In The Beginning There Were Coins and that helped me a TON!

Bean, you think if I posted a vid of my coin magic, you could tell me about were I'm at and if it is good?

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
Wow, your girlfriend is awesome for getting you a Schoolcraft. Don't be afraid to use it. Another suggestion is to get CoinTwo from Homer's site while he's still selling it. The complete CoinTwo package is sold out, but I think he still has a few DVDs laying around. The routine isn't difficult, you'll learn a variety of sleights, and the routine is a great exercise for misdirection.

Dec 20, 2009
Massachusetts
Just putting out an AWESOME dvd out there. Revolution from Ellusionist. Its just a coin vanish, but it really hits hard, it is easy, and doesn't cost that much. 19 bucks that can be downloaded or DVD

Aug 31, 2007
I find it funny that on the release of Metal by Eric Jones someone posts in the "general" discussion not under the coin forum about starting coin magic...I didn't realize it at first but this seems like a good plug for Eric's new dvd. I have nothing against the man but seems like a plug.

Sep 1, 2007
Most of my coin sleights I originally learned from Bobo's and then I got In The Beginning There Were Coins and that helped me a TON!

Bean, you think if I posted a vid of my coin magic, you could tell me about were I'm at and if it is good?

RK i'm sure you're better than you think you are, and I'm not claiming to be any guru of coin magic, I just really like it. We'll session sometime, but I may be no better than you are at it. I just perform it haha, and I can help you with some window stuff.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Cool man sounds good! I was looking at getting some thread and TKO for christmas but after more thinking and research, I don't think I'd be comfortable with either of them. I have had my eye on "An Extension of Me" and that karate coin has me very interested and I may pick this up along with some books on theory instead of the other two.

I also really like the over the head effect he does with a coin in the preview video. I hope he teaches it on the set!

Sep 1, 2007
Cool man sounds good! I was looking at getting some thread and TKO for christmas but after more thinking and research, I don't think I'd be comfortable with either of them. I have had my eye on "An Extension of Me" and that karate coin has me very interested and I may pick this up along with some books on theory instead of the other two.

I also really like the over the head effect he does with a coin in the preview video. I hope he teaches it on the set!

The coin over the head isn't done with sleight of hand, it's done with presentation. Check the Slydini DVD set "As I recall..."

I wasn't too impressed with Extension of me, I've seen Eric do some crazy stuff, but I felt like some of the routines on the DVD aren't exactly practical for real world coin magic.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results