Coming soon.

XabierL

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2010
Hi everyone!!

I thought it would be a great idea to open a thread just to post trailers or preview videos of stuff we're going to submit to the Wire, or we're waiting for them to be uploaded. This is a nice way to see what will be COMING SOON.

Here's mine... Lost Souls.

[video=youtube;6YSMOWuv8q0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YSMOWuv8q0[/video]

XabierL

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2010
Well, it's a teaser... I said coming soon!! :)

The entire effect will be in the preview video, which I'll be uploading next week, probably.

Coming soon... William Draven releases his personal tell all ebook detailing the real world workings of getting business as a magician, and keeping it! Draven has combined years of experience into a powerful essay designed to empower even the most novice performer with the ability to get paid to perform.

Draven's successful "How To Get Gigs, and Keep Clients" essay, originally published on Theory11 forums has gone on to garner the respect from other powerhouses in the magic world. Draven has expanded upon his original concept, adding to existing chapters, expanding upon original concepts and ideas, adding in templates for contracts, thank you letters, technical riders, and cold call sheets. He's also added a new chapter that was cut from the original essay bringing this powerhouse of an ebook up to over 80 pages in length. Don't take my word for it, this is what others have to say about it:

"The information in this Ebook is gold, and kicks ass period, the end" ~Morgan Strebler

"You have great insight and a kind will to help other people which I personally cherish. I like that in a person." Jason Brumbalow -VP Ellusionist

"What Will doesn't know about getting gigs and more importantly getting REPEAT bookings isn't worth knowing. A great read and it will be valuable to the beginner and the professional!" Dee Christopher UK Magician -Mindlapse.net

XabierL

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2010
Coming soon... William Draven releases his personal tell all ebook detailing the real world workings of getting business as a magician, and keeping it! Draven has combined years of experience into a powerful essay designed to empower even the most novice performer with the ability to get paid to perform.

Draven's successful "How To Get Gigs, and Keep Clients" essay, originally published on Theory11 forums has gone on to garner the respect from other powerhouses in the magic world. Draven has expanded upon his original concept, adding to existing chapters, expanding upon original concepts and ideas, adding in templates for contracts, thank you letters, technical riders, and cold call sheets. He's also added a new chapter that was cut from the original essay bringing this powerhouse of an ebook up to over 80 pages in length. Don't take my word for it, this is what others have to say about it:

"The information in this Ebook is gold, and kicks ass period, the end" ~Morgan Strebler

"You have great insight and a kind will to help other people which I personally cherish. I like that in a person." Jason Brumbalow -VP Ellusionist

"What Will doesn't know about getting gigs and more importantly getting REPEAT bookings isn't worth knowing. A great read and it will be valuable to the beginner and the professional!" Dee Christopher UK Magician -Mindlapse.net

This is my post #300!!

What was I saying? Oh yes. This sounds incredibly interesting, William! Any hint on when will it be released?

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
Seriously? Professional magic sites completely overdo teasers for new releases, the last thing the magic community needs is amateurs doing it as well. I think I speak for the majority when I say we would much rather see footage of real world reactions from future releases.

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
Seriously? Professional magic sites completely overdo teasers for new releases, the last thing the magic community needs is amateurs doing it as well. I think I speak for the majority when I say we would much rather see footage of real world reactions from future releases.

Thank you.

But seriously, if you're going to make a sketchy teaser, (I don't even like when theory11 does this) at least provide some real world performance footage or reactions. You know, something that says "It took more than 5 minutes to make this!"

XabierL

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2010
Hey guys, I did the video because I thought it was a good idea, and to have fun. I understand formula's comment but please, don't bash, like reservoidred has. Thanks.

Feb 7, 2011
Hey guys, I did the video because I thought it was a good idea, and to have fun. I understand formula's comment but please, don't bash, like reservoidred has. Thanks.

Honestly i didn't mean it as a direct attack. But what i meant is, i think the video would work just as well as a satirical example of what alot of forum members feared would come to the forums as a result of the wire. People making teasers for trailers, and trailers for previews, and preview trailers for hype for an effect which is going on the wire. I meant it when i said the thread was a good idea. William Draven made good use of it, and i hope the thread stays on top of the forum because of the browse function seemingly missing on the wire. But sir i really truely dont think many if any people would want to open a thread and watch a trailer that tells you absolutely nothing about the effect. Now the video was not a waste of time simply because you enjoyed making it, but if i visit this thread everyday to check the latest preview and see nothing but uninformative videos, then it will be a waste of our time really. If your effect is good, which i have no doubt it is, then post a full preview, or pm me the link to your wire page, i love a good packet effect.
I apologise again for offending you. I just wanted to be straight about it.

Feb 16, 2009
columbus, OH
Hey guys, here is a phone through pocket I am going to be releasing here. Hopefully you guys enjoy it!

[video=youtube;CQbde2YnUvQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQbde2YnUvQ&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

Sep 1, 2007
Porthcawl, Wales.
Hey guys, here is a phone through pocket I am going to be releasing here. Hopefully you guys enjoy it!

[video=youtube;CQbde2YnUvQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQbde2YnUvQ&feature=channel_video_title[/video]
Very cool! This is really organic and makes sense. It'd be awesome if you cold have a display light come on (so you could see it shining through the trousers) and have the phone ringing, then do the visual penetration with the phone still ringing the display would still be on. This would instill in the specs mind that it's the same phone penetrating the pocket. Maybe you could use patter along the lines of "Everytime my phone rings, I reach in my pocket and accidentally press the hang-up button, so now I do it this way..."

I'm in no way saying that my views would make your effect any better than what it is, it's just some food for thought, this is kick ass as it is.

Cheers for sharing,

Lloyd

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
I think a lot of people will be disappointed with the method vanish but I have to admit it does look very cool and I think it would actually go down well in the real world.

Jul 31, 2011
LA LA land
Thanks a lot! And your idea makes perfect sense. I very well might use that from now on!
So you're saying that this can be done? The spectators can see the light of the phone through the pants pocket, then do the penetration with the light still on (and maybe the phone is ringing as well)? If so, I'd totally buy it. Is there a gimmick? Is it impromptu?

PS loved the trailer as well :)

Apr 22, 2011

holy f***.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results