Control 2.0 by Wayne Houchin

Sep 26, 2010
Hi guys, i just thought i would stop by and ask your opinion on Wayne Houchin's Control 2.0 DvD.

im thinking of getting it, is it worth the buy.

cheers,

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
It's very good! I got the original Control DVD but Wayne emailed me the bonus footage. It's about a 2 and a half hour DVD with Wayne Houchin and Daniel Garcia teaching in DETAIL how the effect is done. The DVD starts with a live performance(unless it's different in the 2.0 DVD) of Invisible Palm and then goes into Control then about an hour and a half of explaination of Control. It then teaches Daniel Garcia's effect called Stop in which the spectator can actually HEAR your heart stop! Then of course it goes to our good ol' friend Randal from the Stigmata DVD. Wanye teaches Randal control and Randal goes out in the streets with Wayne and performs Control and he gets hilarious reactions.

The DVD itself is worth getting just for the crazy duo of Wayne Houchin and Daniel Garcia, they're freaking hilarious!! I also love the "bloopers" that's titled "Laugh" in the Bonus section of the DVD. Infact my sig on here is from the "Laugh" section. haha.

I reccomend it. Control is an amazing effect, simple, easy, infact when you're practicing you'll be practicing the presentation WAAAY more than the method! haha.

Any more questions?

Sep 26, 2010
Heya mate, thanks very much for your reply. ye Wayne houchin and daniel garcia make a really good, and damn funny team :) cant wait to watch it :)

thanks,

Jan 30, 2010
Tusk, North Carolina
It is one of the most clever things I've ever seen in the magic world. Now when I say that don't get your hopes up for some super amazing method, it's very simple. But that is what makes it so awesome and versatile

Feb 17, 2011
Quebec, Canada
Oh, I don't expect something superspecial since it's impromptu and you don't need anything. I have my idea on how he does it or at least what kind of "trick" it is but I'm really curious about the stop effect.

Feb 17, 2011
Quebec, Canada
Ahh, David Berglas.

The history of the effect goes a long way back. From memory, the first modern versions of the effect to appear in print were from the early 20th Century, but dates back further. You're gonna need an old grandfather..

Ah, didn't know this was that old... but he can pull a great show with his different pulses.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results