Control :: New Video & Podcast

waynehouchin

theory11 artist
Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Chico, CA
www.waynehouchin.com
There's something that I have always been curious about this effect. Essentially, I don't think you can present this kind of thing on stage. It's more for a small group kind of thing, am I correct?

However, my most important question is, there is only one spectator who is feeling your pulse slow down, right? I was wondering, how could the reactions from only one spectator be transferred so immensely to the other people who presumable, are just watching the spectator feel your pulse? I mean, they don't see any visual magic happening, Control focuses more on your sense of touch --- however, only one spectator gets to do that. The rest just watch. Wouldn't the rest of the audience perhaps ask if he/she was a "stooge" designed to be part of the trick? I'm not quite sure why they are reacting so strongly.

Please tell me if you don't understand. It's kinda hard to put it into words.

Oh, and please keep in mind, I'm not posting this in a negative way. I am merely asking a curious question. I am definitely buying Control... but not 'til I get some more clarification.

Thanks! :)

Wow - great question! I cover this all on the DVD. I talk about what you need to do to make the effect translate to the other people watching... in fact I spend quite a bit of time on this. And, yes, you can perform this on stage. On the DVD I discuss some of the things that other performers have done in the past to make the pulse stop translate to a large audience from the stage. Good question.

Sep 6, 2007
Estonia
grr
Realease is like 5am in the MORNING here in estonia, europe. SO if there is any release giveaways i cant take part of. But still, as soon i wake up, i am going to order this thing.

Hey guys - we just put up a new video for Control - check it out:

Control - He's Back:
http://media.theory11.com/1018-Control---He's-Back

I've gotta' say...

I haven't been this excited about a release since...

Ahem...nope, wrong forum for that.

Kudos Wayne...I've been waiting for what seems to be forever for you to get this one out to the waiting world.

it's safe to say you got my money already.

Now, if only I could find a way to get a signed copy like i have of Stigmata....

Rabid

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Oh man Randall that's classic.

"I found this book that taught you... the magic of illusion."

And mind you, we have no idea what "the magic of illusion" is either. Looks great Wayne, I'm excited.

David

D

Deleted member 2755

For those of you that watch Wayne's stuff on his site, c'mon you gotta leave comments.:p I'm kind of the only one that leaves comments on his videos and I know a bunch of you go on his site. ;)

Anyway... I laughed. I can't believe he's on here. This.... is... awesome...

Feel.Hear.Randall.Control.

January 25th

-Doug

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results