Control

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Hey guys, I said it was coming, and I wasn't lying. Here is my indepth review of Control, as well as Stop.

Control

Teaching
Phenomenal. That's all I really need to say. Wayne goes over every little detail needed to perform this, from how to actually do the effect to subtleties that will really sell it. Danny of course pipes in whenever he has something on his mind, and a few times his ideas are really helpful.

Performance
There are only two performances of Control, one at a Christmas party and the one from Stigmata. It's great because at the party, it shows Wayne build up to Control, and what he does is pure genius. By building up to the effect, he makes it so much more powerful. The guests are talking about it for hours. It's beautiful. Period.

Watch Stop
Wayne also teaches an impromptu watch stop to go with Control. He builds it in as a time stop effect, instead of the more serious presentation shown early. It's very simple, and it can't stand by itself. It's just a good way to change the presentation of Control to better suit your environment.

Stop
Stop is an impromptu heart stop by Danny, where the spectator hears your heart stop. A lot of people have been saying it's a bit awkward, but I think it's awesome. The "method" is a little confusing, but once you get it down it's easy. Combined with Control, you have a killer routine.

Randall
I'm still laughing. There's a 20 minute segment devoted to Wayne teaching Randall Control, and then him going out to perform it for the first time on the streets. Classic Randall: "I'm gonna die..."

Other
There is also an interview with Dexter, with clips of it scattered throughout the DVD. You can go back and watch the entire interview, but I haven't had time to.

There are numerous outtakes, including a brand new segment. Included are clips of Dana pinching Danny and Wayne's butts, Fran getting seasick in her living room, and Danny's theory on what Cerca Trova really means. I was dying.

You can also watch the classic "wings of death" trailer where a "being of some caliber" flies into Danny's eyeball.

Overall
This was one of the best purchases I have made in a while. Both Control and Stop are great effects, and the combination of Danny and Wayne is classic.

∞/10

David

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results