Cool Off Tudor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
I love Brian Tudor, he is one of my favourites. I just think he dont give a damn, and that he is acting, he got bored and made strange DVD...

Can anyone tell me all about this duel between jerry and him, please?

I can understand him being pissed off by all the critisim, but spending an entire product ranting isn't exactly anyway to improve our opinions of him <.<

Brian is p*ssed off, you can easily see that if you have Showoff 3.

Hes basically saying, "fine you don't appreciate me and critisize me just for my flaws, ok I'll stop my teaching then" (not a quote but a thought interpretation)

Showoff 3 was hardly teaching, showed it slow (not slow enough for some) and he poked at what we poked at him in his 'rants'. Another interpretation is that Brian is saying, "fine, f**k off then"

So if we don't like Brian's teaching, he'll give us less than that, Brian cool off? The cardistry community and such has to cool off on Brian and give the man some credit and respect.

~PaCo

Sep 1, 2007
San Diego
his teaching on generation X was better then dan and daves teaching, at least he used words to teach his flourishes.

i have to admit, he has gained a little bit of weight and looked a little "bummier" but whatever, he kicks ass at flourishing, who cares how he looks.

as for him being egotistical, almsot any magician and flourisher is egotistical, it comes with the job

Sep 1, 2007
The cardistry community and such has to cool off on Brian and give the man some credit and respect.

Why should I respect a man who believes the best way to stop tough audiences is to humiliate them into silence with flashy moves and tricks?

So you should not respect him for bringing you such valuable things like the OHR series and his other work. If you don't use these then you simply don't need to respect him for you have no need to care.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
So you should not respect him for bringing you such valuable things like the OHR series and his other work. If you don't use these then you simply don't need to respect him for you have no need to care.

I really don't care what material the man puts out. I still won't support him.

Sep 1, 2007
I'm assuming you use his moves,

If I do, it's news to me. Most of what I use is culled either from Xtreme Beginnerz, or Jeff McBride's Art of Card Manipulation.

by respect I mean as little as credit him and thank him even in the smallest ammount as to having that gratefullness hidden in the deep recesses of your heart.

I have explained in detail over the last few months why I dislike him and feel absolutely no obligation to him.

This video only furthers my perceptions of him. Pleading to me to thank a man who has given me nothing is going to be like trying to convert a wolf to vegetarianism.

hopefully though Rue Martinez didn't make all 5 rev cuts.

Why? Would that be too inconvenient?

If I do, it's news to me. Most of what I use is culled either from Xtreme Beginnerz, or Jeff McBride's Art of Card Manipulation.

I have explained in detail over the last few months why I dislike him and feel absolutely no obligation to him.

This video only furthers my perceptions of him. Pleading to me to thank a man who has given me nothing is going to be like trying to convert a wolf to vegetarianism.

Why? Would that be too inconvenient?

If you don't use his moves then you didn't read my comment on if you didn't use his material then I don't ask you to respect him for he would truly have given you nothing.

Also, that would be quite inconvenient, there goes alot of people's respect for him.

~PaCo

Mar 29, 2008
The first time I saw tudor, I wanted to flourish, just cause he made it look so damn impressive.

The dvd itself is funny, but very hard to learn from. and If you dont respect him, thats okay, I respect him, I agree with most of what he said, creating your own material and using it is more satisfying then copying other peoples stuff.

Just remember, he has given a lot to the flourishing community, and hasnt got much in return.

Dec 13, 2007
Mississippi
He's mad because he's tired of everyone complaining about his bad teaching....he suggests that he doesnt have to even teach you so get over it if his explanations arent good....and hes mad about the old battle between jerry and him that was suppose to happen but didnt because he chickened out:rolleyes:

According to Brian Tudor Jerry and De'vo wanted to fly him out at his expense so he could partake in a battle to promote the Handlordz company. He didn't chicken out, he just isn't a moron. Tudor lives to battle.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I have a lot of respect for Brian Tudor. Now, flourishing is definitely not my thing, but I'm easing into it, and seeing what people like Brian Tudor and the Bucks can do with those two handed cuts, and how fast they can do it, is absolutely amazing, and pretty much demands mucho respect... at least from my point of view.

Now, from a more experienced flourisher's point of view, maybe he's not as good. But at this point in my flourishing career, he's pretty awesome. Plus, he's a good friend of Joel's, so that makes him ok in my book.

I have a lot of respect for Brian Tudor. Now, flourishing is definitely not my thing, but I'm easing into it, and seeing what people like Brian Tudor and the Bucks can do with those two handed cuts, and how fast they can do it, is absolutely amazing, and pretty much demands mucho respect... at least from my point of view.

Now, from a more experienced flourisher's point of view, maybe he's not as good. But at this point in my flourishing career, he's pretty awesome. Plus, he's a good friend of Joel's, so that makes him ok in my book.
But not a good friend of lee asher.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results