Cool Way too store a prediction

Ah the Cryptex.
It might be good way yes, although i would hate it if the vinegar gets into the chamber and destroys everything:). But it is quite good yes, ill actually get into it a bit and see if i can obtain it somewhere. Seems to be something interesting to get:).

M.

Jun 4, 2009
VERY interesting. :cool:

Here's another idea: you can do some mentalism routine with some prediction (card, color, word, you name it), then force another word on a spectator and that turns out to be the word that opens the cryptex. Then they read the prediction...

Was thinking the exact same thing! Even some sort of Book test using the davinci code book itself! :)

Also you could have outs on there too like clubs heart spade for example written on the underneath as it lays on the table then draw attention to how you influenced them by turning it and showing whats been "infront of them the whole time"

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
I think with a little work this could be really scary. Imagine this; ask a spec to think of a word and set the thing that word. You write something roll it up and place it in the chamber. Do a few other effects then you reveal the word and as a kicker the word that they chose was written on the inside

Sep 24, 2007
Hmm. Better if you could get two revelas out of it. 1) They try random words out on the thing. It doesn't open. You "send" them a word mentally, and they set it. It opens.
2) A choice is made. The scroll inside predicts that choice.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
I personally disagree with having a secondary reveal inside the chamber the moment occurs at the wrong time. Also how would you practically send the word? Booktest, instant stooging, the only method that would work effectivly is psych forcing.

The only way this would play effectivly is if you played it off as a I am going to send you a word and you do the same. However you are adding too many processes to the effect then.

Sep 24, 2007
If the chosen word is shown to open the cryptext, doesn't predicting the word become redundant?

Depending on how you play it out, a secondary reveal could work quite well

Sep 24, 2007
So you're saying
They set a word.
It does not open the cryptext.
YOu open the cryptext.
Inside is a scroll contatining the chosen word.

I don't get why they cant just name a word in this situation...

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
No I say I ask them to think of a word and set it into the cryptex as the code for it.
I have a prediction already in the shaft.
Do something else with them so they think that the scroll is the predicted thing like a book test or something.
Then as a second thought I divine the word they chose on the cryptex aswell, get another spectator to open it.
The word they set as the code of the cryptex is inside it the whole time.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results