Criss Angel Special

Nov 23, 2007
NC
DannyT;
Who said his show is impressive? The people who made it because no has ever seen it before.

I was referring to his stage show Mindfreak that was in New York City before the series on A&E. I personally didnt get a chance to see it but know people that have and they said it was outstanding.

They made that much money because to average people, they think Criss Angel is amazing

Maybe thats ok with him. I mean I'm sure he didnt make the show to fool magicians. Look, I'm far from an Angel fanboy by all means but I'm not going to slay someone just because they bring something different to the table.

I wonder what tricks he could do on stage.
I could see him doing metamorphosis, but not sure what else.

Actually he did do metamorphosis but in a diffent style than my friends had seen. Your not going to see a normal or classic show from him. The people I know said they liked it so much they will definately be going to see his new show. I'll agree its not for everyone. I havnt made up my mind yet.

Nov 8, 2007
Well really I liked the "escape"

Because he said that "people think I can't do my show LIVE, so I'm going to do it live." Doing an escape LIVE is cool and stuff. BUT if you can pull off an illusion LIVE is even better! Though I didn't like the reapearing part... it was kind of retarded.. but whatever.
But hardly any of the effect was actually live. What did the live crowd really see besides Criss escape from a pair of handcuffs, then fail to pick the lock and instead kick down a breakaway window? Everything after that was seen through what were supposedly "live" cameras.

I thought the escape was incredibly lame. What a bad note to go out on for his dangerous escapes.

If the plan really was for him to anti-climatically appear in some grass, screaming like a little girl, then this was just a horribly scripted illusion. But something about the way he just bee-lined it past everyone and the upset look on his face tells me that this was the back-up plan for the illusion. That "static" that played right before the building collapsed makes me think a little on-the-fly editing was going on during the minute+ tape delay they had to work with so that they could enact their back-up plan. Criss looked really upset and didn't celebrate his escape up at all--with the fans or his family. He just left. And that's totally unlike Criss Angel. Landing from a helicopter with his arms outstretched like Jesus Christ while his "loyals" (i.e. 12 year old teeny bopper fans) cheer him on is much more his style.

If this really was the A plan though, then there really was no excuse.

September can't get here faster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 21, 2007
www.hi5.com
Who said his show is impressive? The people who made it because no has ever seen it before.
They made that much money because to average people, they think Criss Angel is amazing. I wonder what tricks he could do on stage.
I could see him doing metamorphosis, but not sure what else.

His older stage show was phenominal, everything he did was fast and visual, I heard he also holds the record for the fastest Metamorphosis. Unlike Mindfreak, his stage material is great.

Sep 2, 2007
I think that this was not faked. because if he was really going to not make it out on purpose, he would have done an 'amazing' appearance. I agree with (Forget who..) that it was a backup plan, and there was some sort of safe zone that he was in that they calculated was the least risk

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I'm a Criss Angel fan, but the "escape" was just terrible.

I mean, if you're going to appear in some other place, do it. Just don't act like you've survived a building collapse. It was SO anti-climatic.

Mar 25, 2008
Arkansas
Yeah, Criss's old live show was freeeeking amazing. That's why I was so disappointed in MindFreak. Total 180.

I'm excited for his new live show because he always had a cirque du solame feel to it. Weird stilt creatures, bizarre characters, cool effects, etc.

He had this great opening where the pieces of a robot animated, connected themselves, then transformed into criss in mid air. It was tight. Im hoping beLIEve is more in that style.

In the mean time.... I'm still laughing my @$$ off at the reappearance in the grass.

You never actually saw the audience except for his family and a couple of other people.
I think 4 minutes was a bit long. I can pick locks, and he only had to do 5, I think, I could have done that in 3 at least, so I don't see why he had to be in the best shape of his life.
As soon as the helicopter left, you could tell what was going to happen. By the way, didn't that destruction look a little animated?
This reappearance out of the grass is going to go down in history and poeple (especially us T11 dwellers) will be making fun of it for years to come.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results