Cut Pips Out

Jan 9, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Oh, I thought he was asking for a way to remove the pips from the cards. (to make a blank card, for example)

chrisweihl, you should probably elaborate a bit more.

yea i wanted to ellaborate but i had an example but i wasnt sure if i could use it because it is theory property. but yea i wan to cut the pips out like with a knife. but its pretty hard to get the cut out and the hole the same. perhaps like a stencil idea?

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
If you're cutting out a diamond, a rule will help you a lot. Other than that, though, you'll just have to do it by hand. It's really not that hard if you take your time with it.

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
I was just thinking... it would be kind of cool if you did Distortion, then said "know how I do that?" and when the spectator says "how?" you say "carry spares!" and reach in your pocket to pull out a handful of cut-out diamond pips.

That would be a good comedic interlude between changing the four to the six, and revealing the actual four. It's also a great opportunity to get your hand in and out of your pocket for setting up the next trick.

I'm never going to do Distortion, so anyone who wants to use that can feel free to do so.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I may just do that if I every get Distortion. Thanks. Awfully time consuming to cut out all the pips for one little moment, but maybe it will be worth it. Who knows? Great idea, though. And I can see why you've never had to buy an effect.

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
They wouldn't have to be perfect. Just get a little circular die cutter at a craft shop and go through a trashed deck. They also make diamond-shaped dies, so you could just get some red card stock and punch a bunch of diamonds out of it.

Sep 1, 2007
If youre going to spend the time to cut out all these pips, why not do something like Joshua Jay's Losing Diamons

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results