d+M Update

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Just to chime in on this - I spoke with d+M at length late last night - 5:00am PST. I can attest that this is neither a retirement nor a publicity stunt, but in reality just a break - a breather - a re-calibration.

Over the past few years and past few months in particular, d+M has been conflicted with achieving that delicate balance between being a performer and being a creator; the balance between living to create and creating to live. I think it's also a testament to a frustration he has had - and many of us share - in the overload of products within this industry from those who should be learning, listening - not yet teaching. This break is a chance for him to refresh that pendulum.

So to put some rumors to rest, d+M is not quitting magic, you will not see him vanish, and he is not starting a family band and touring the English countryside. You'll continue to see him around - but with reference to products and his own performances, he'll be taking this time to regain the spirit, passion, and fulfillment he is seeking. And I respect that.

Sep 1, 2007
So I guess I won't be getting "the secret package" for the Change contest anytime soon.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
DM = Lame

Not saying his magic/flourishing is lame... he's very talented, but some of the crap he tries to pull is ridiculous.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
If he's taking a break then why has he suddenly released so many vids on his youtube account? Also what's with all the drama? Just say I'm taking a break:confused:

Guys,

d+M isn't falling off the face of the earth. He will still be around; he will still be posting videos; he will still be him. However, from my understanding, he is taking a break from the creation end of things for a bit in an effort to re-calibrate his focus, passion, creativity, and interests.

Based on discussion with him last night, this is just a break born out of frustration. He holds artistic integrity in high regard, and he wants a breather to rejuvenate a bit of passion lost. The rest I think has been blown out of proportion, which is why I posted earlier in effort to clear up some rumors.

In the meantime, I support d+M and I think there is nothing wrong with taking a breather. Let's respect that; no negativity or name-calling necessary. For now, let's return to the magic.

Guys,

d+M isn't falling off the face of the earth. He will still be around; he will still be posting videos; he will still be him. However, from my understanding, he is taking a break from the creation end of things for a bit in an effort to re-calibrate his focus, passion, creativity, and interests.

Based on discussion with him last night, this is just a break born out of frustration. He holds artistic integrity in high regard, and he wants a breather to rejuvenate a bit of passion lost. The rest I think has been blown out of proportion, which is why I posted earlier in effort to clear up some rumors. In the meantime, I support d+M and I think there is nothing wrong with taking a breather. Let's respect that; no negativity or name-calling necessary. For now, let's return to the magic.

he is kinda forcing us to "blow it out of proportion" because he named the URL link "gone"
but thanks for the info...

May 25, 2009
My thoughts go out to you Mr. Madison. May you find what all of us cannot comprehend in a lifetime.

On a sidenote, I read with great interest that he is pulling his products from the shelves. I hope he re-considers that decision. There are some really great gems which other people should get.

Jan 19, 2008
After reading M im not sure what to think.... I love the plots but i can come with more practical methods for some...I dont know yet.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results