The Magician Online

The Magician Online is a live, interactive, online experience - in the comfort of your own home. Starring Dan White. As seen by Ashton Kutcher, Ariana Grande, Chris Rock, James Corden, Jessica Alba, and President Clinton.

See details

David Blaine is an independent film; Criss Angel is Hollywood

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
When was the last time a magician vanished something?

When was the last time a magician held his breath for 16 minutes and 32 seconds?

ps: not trying to be a fanboy either, so so you know :D

Holding your breath and all those other non-magic related things Blaine does is just that, non-magic related. It absolutely sh*ts me when people use Blaine's stunts as an argument over who is a better magician.

Sep 1, 2007
It absolutely sh*ts me when people use Blaine's stunts as an argument over who is a better magician.

Totally valid. But what about arguing who's the better performer/entertainer? And what will posterity remember better?

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Totally valid. But what about arguing who's the better performer/entertainer? And what will posterity remember better?

It's all a matter of personal opinion when in discussion over who is the better performer. I can say that personally, I find "stunts" kinda boring, but someone might prefer them over a magic trick.

But in the matter of what the future generations will recollect, well I'll have to say that I believe that holding ones breath for however long will probably be remembered more than someone turning a mannequin into a real lady. However, that again can depend on personal preference as well. I know people that don't remember I thing Blaine has done.

Sep 1, 2007
Consider also Harry Houdini's story. As a magician proper, he was pretty awful. But he consciously set about turning himself into a legend. Now his fame almost a century later eclipses that of all his contemporaries.

David is slowly turning himself into a superhero.

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Consider also Harry Houdini's story. As a magician proper, he was pretty awful. But he consciously set about turning himself into a legend. Now his fame almost a century later eclipses that of all his contemporaries.

David is slowly turning himself into a superhero.

That is actually a very good point - I've never thought of it like that.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results