Don't buy the new standard bikes

May 10, 2010
I haven't actually felt the new bikes yet, but one thing for sure will be this. The front of the new box design does not appeal to me at all. I prefered the previous one. That said, I might not even buy the new bikes, let alone try them. I may, of course, borrow one!

Jun 10, 2010
I haven't actually felt the new bikes yet, but one thing for sure will be this. The front of the new box design does not appeal to me at all. I prefered the previous one. That said, I might not even buy the new bikes, let alone try them. I may, of course, borrow one!

I actually like the new box design, it looks kind of nice. And not so redundant, I was used to the old one for YEARS. Furthermore, when the new bikes are broken in, and have passed their major clumping stage, they fan better then the old ones (atleast for me).

LOL dude their just cards...

Yeah of course theres a certain "feel" to them but they cant be SO drastic that it would make me not buy them. Cards dont make you better or limit what you can or cannot do.

Maybe its just that deck? did you check another?

Edit: I actually have a new deck of bikes that I just got maybe a few days ago. I'v been messing with them for the past day or so and I haven't really noticed a thing...

Yeah as I said, I picked up a deck last time in cali and it was same. Perhaps you're still handling the "old" bikes. But yeah they're cards.....and this is a forum which specializes in CARD magic and CARDistry and coinmagic. Soooooooo I'm pretty sure its alright to post a review of this. I'll open another deck right now and see lol......just for you.

LOL dude their just cards...

Yeah of course theres a certain "feel" to them but they cant be SO drastic that it would make me not buy them. Cards dont make you better or limit what you can or cannot do.

Maybe its just that deck? did you check another?

Edit: I actually have a new deck of bikes that I just got maybe a few days ago. I'v been messing with them for the past day or so and I haven't really noticed a thing...

It's just like driving a car. Would you rather drive some hatchback or a Bugatti?They will both get you there the same way, but I would take the Bugatti any day. Same with cards, so you tell me

my two-cents

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
The problem with that thinking is that the differences between a Bugatti and 'some hatchback' are far greater than the differences between most decks of cards.

Jul 13, 2009
The problem with that thinking is that the differences between a Bugatti and 'some hatchback' are far greater than the differences between most decks of cards.

Thank you for the logic. :)

You can't compare cards to cars in an analogy, they're just too different.

I haven't seen the new bikes yet in person but when I do, I will get back to everyone. But it is going to be several months.

I bought some of these new bikes the other day. I was a bit unsure cos I had heard a lot or people moaning about how they were inferior to the old bikes. Well, i can safely say that I've been into magic for 17 years and have used Bikes for about 10 of those and guess what? That's right, THEY ARE THE SAME!!

They are definitely the new ones (new box, black seal etc) and if anything, i was surprised how nice they felt right out of the box. The certainly seemed to hold together better than the last deck of 'old' Bikes i opened. I also think i prefer the new book design. Just looks a little more sophisticated if you ask me. Not really bothered about the back of the box.

So in conclusion, I think all the problems are just in magicians heads. I really think people need to stop being so obsessive about cards. Most of my decks will last me a month tops and during that time the deck will lose cards due to tearing/signing etc. Then I chuck them and open a new pack.

Rev

So for those who don't know, the USPCC moved to kentucky and is under new management. Ever since this move, all card printed by them handle completly different. I find that bikes are extremly soft and they are too slippery. It is this soft stock which makes them unuseable to me as flimsy cards don't seem to want to cooperate. Tally's, which used to be my favorite deck, have really rough edges which disable faroing abilities. I have also heard that Arco's have become horrible and unusable as well, but I do not know this first hand.

Now the USPCC just put out a deck specifically for magicians. The deck is called the 809 madolin back. Now I got my hands on some and I am quite impressed with the feel of them. They feel like tallys used to. They have a thick stock compared to 808 riderback and the back design ain't to bad. I strongly suggest picking some up. They have instantly become my new prectice deck at $3 a deck.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results