easy effective

Pete Pridanonda

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2009
Definitely the Okito voodoo doll. Check out my performances of this effect on youtube if you haven't already
An important point to make when doing this effect is to keep your hands and fingers as still as possible. DO NOT bend your hands or fingers like I've seen in all of the performances of this effect so far. seems like I'm the only person who can do this trick without bending my fingers and my hands but can still make the doll goes up about 85%.

May 12, 2011
Definitely the Okito voodoo doll. Check out my performances of this effect on youtube if you haven't already
An important point to make when doing this effect is to keep your hands and fingers as still as possible. DO NOT bend your hands or fingers like I've seen in all of the performances of this effect so far. seems like I'm the only person who can do this trick without bending my fingers and my hands but can still make the doll goes up about 85%.

How is the Okito voodoo doll a card trick? You've been always saying how good this effect is. No offense but you have to improve you patter and your presentation because you look like a trickster.

Pete Pridanonda

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2009
How is the Okito voodoo doll a card trick? You've been always saying how good this effect is. No offense but you have to improve you patter and your presentation because you look like a trickster.

My bad i didn't know this was in the Card Magic Section. Another thing is that in the thread description alex said, "any effects that are easy to do".
I know I've been saying this a lot but this really is a great effect, I just can't stop performing it. I've literally performed it no less than 10 times everyday for the past 2 and a half months now. I agree that my presentation is not the best and portrays this effect as a trick in my costco video. But in my other video of me performing this, I introduced it as a scarecrow and even relate this to a scene in the movie before i proceed with the effect. Please give me any feedback or improvements that you think should be made, I will be more than happy to hear advice from you. Thanks:)

Pete Pridanonda

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2009
In reply to this thread, I would say the best and easy card magic effect is "Easy estimation aces by Paul gordon". Just set the aces up in order beforehand and false shuffles and cuts before you begin to cut to the aces. That way you don't have to do a faro shuffle. Really great effect in my opinion, I've been performing this in quite a while.
Also, another card effect you might want to check out is "Fully Automatic Card Trick" by Caleb Wiles, it's completely self working and the spectator does all of the work.
If you're looking for impromptu then look no further than "Dai vernon's Triumph", "The Biddle Trick", also check out moment's notice pdf book series by Cameron Francis, all of these effects are using cards and all are impromptu. I've been using a few of them in my walkaround gigs for about 8 months now. well worth looking in to. I hope this helps!

Dec 8, 2011
Yes, but I had a very similar effect as Lit that I invented and put on video about 12 years ago that accomplishes the same effect with a signed card.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results