Ego change sound problems?

Dec 5, 2007
hello everyone.

i have been practecing the ego change for a long time now and the only problem i have with it is the sound. iv seen some people say that there is possible to get it completley silent, is that really possible? I think the sound takes away the magic from it it sounds more like you did something that that magic happend.

If someone have any advice could i please get a pm? :)

Jan 30, 2008
hello everyone.

i have been practecing the ego change for a long time now and the only problem i have with it is the sound. iv seen some people say that there is possible to get it completley silent, is that really possible? I think the sound takes away the magic from it it sounds more like you did something that that magic happend.

If someone have any advice could i please get a pm? :)
Try to get a small break under the top card.

there is no need to learn another change here .. there are 2 solutions to the problem .. to shade the noise of the card you can you can flick the deck with your middle finger of the right hand (asuming your holding the deck in the left hand) and the noise from your finger hitting the deck covers the sound of the change if your doing the change quickly.

if you really want to make it silent then you need to slow down when doing the change... look at the way Daniel does the change in his dvd, the right hand needs to pass over the deck closely and slowly and the change is done with a lighter touch.

the so to recap if you want a instant visual change work around the noise, if you want a silent elegant change do the second.

Aug 31, 2007
UK
How I do it is, hold a slight left thumb break inbetween the 2 cards (just below the index) That generally removes the noise.

I agree with c3rb3rus, there is absolutely no need to adapt a new change to your repertoire. However, to correct any type of problem like this, you have to study your movements and firstly understand what is making the sound occur. Only then can you begin to correct the problem and solve the dilemma. Here’s the main issue people have regarding sound:

When the initial change takes place, a loud “click” can be heard. – This can be solved by riffling the upper left corner of the deck with your left thumb and catching a break beneath the top single card. Therefore, when the change is executed, there is no drag and it is a silent execution. Note: the break does not have to be huge, and it shouldn’t be. Just enough to have a slight separation between the deck and the card.

However, with myself I found that I had another problem; and that being with the clean-up. During the cleanup, a dragging sound could be heard which resulted in fairly grotesque overall impression of the change (and that is a more pleasant way of phrasing it). I realized that this was due to the fact that my right hand palm was contacting the card and momentarily stopping the cleanup. Therefore, it was natural for me to apply more pressure and reposition the right hand slightly; thus releasing the card and finishing the clean-up. However, this caused a quick flex and a rapid clean-up; resulting in a sound of the card scraping against the hand palm.

There’s no easy way to describe in words how to correct any of these problems. My only suggestion to anyone is to study their movements in great detail and ensure the correct technique is underway. If it isn’t and you know what is causing the problems, then you can proceed forward and fix it. In this case, experimentation is your best friend. :)

Take care,
Jordan

Sep 1, 2007
u should use cardini change instead of ego. It's more quiet and better.

Are you kidding me?

The ego change is definitely quieter than the cardini change. The Ego change is slow when executing and MUCH quieter, but is a little less visual than the fast but noisy Cardini change.

However, with myself I found that I had another problem; and that being with the clean-up. During the cleanup, a dragging sound could be heard which resulted in fairly grotesque overall impression of the change (and that is a more pleasant way of phrasing it). I realized that this was due to the fact that my right hand palm was contacting the card and momentarily stopping the cleanup. Therefore, it was natural for me to apply more pressure and reposition the right hand slightly; thus releasing the card and finishing the clean-up. However, this caused a quick flex and a rapid clean-up; resulting in a sound of the card scraping against the hand palm.
Referring to the original description in Jean Hugard's Card Manipulations, you'll a tiny detail in the clean up that is very, very important for a rapid, less noisy clean up. I can't go into it without exposing, but its enough to say that the right hand plays a major role in the clean up, not only the fingers. A tiny detail, but really makes a difference. If you could get a copy ( I recommended it anyway ), then check it out.

Its not taught in Roy Kosby's or Danial Garcia's DVDs, if you learned the change ( Ego or Cardini ) from there.

~ Feras

Referring to the original description in Jean Hugard's Card Manipulations, you'll a tiny detail in the clean up that is very, very important for a rapid, less noisy clean up. I can't go into it without exposing, but its enough to say that the right hand plays a major role in the clean up, not only the fingers. A tiny detail, but really makes a difference. If you could get a copy ( I recommended it anyway ), then check it out.

Ah, you learn something new every day -- I had no idea the move was published in there. Thanks for the recommendation; I will go check it out now. :)

Warm regards,
Jordan

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results