Ending for a love routine?

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Hey what's up, as always I have come for a little help from you guys, Im looking for a nice effect for the following routine.

My ACR goes with a storyline about a love story between the spectator and the card, the thing is that it usually gets nice reactions, they are laughing there are tons of misdirection, but the thing is(and my problem) is the finale.

Along the routine I use color changes, transpositions, a sandiwch effect, etc, but I dont know about the finale!!! I was thinking about telling them that they"broke-up" with their card, and follow up with a torn and restored card, and I was thinking of dany garcia "torn too" I heard its gimmicked so I dont know if it would work....

If any can give me some advice on that dvd, or if someone comes with another idea to finish the routine, Im open for suggestion.

Thanks and have a nice day friends!:D

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
You should end it in a tragedy. My favourite stories have sad endings. While death is cliche, you can use it to show the card floating away. Tragedies are beautiful.

Mitch

In fact, (and I Usually get an "awww" from the girls)The finale I was using was this:

I have the "card" In DL position, I "lost" the card, and I told them that they breaked up with their boyfriend, then, I make them pick another card,(their new boyfriend) and I tell them"althought you broke with the other guy(Insert card ex-boyfriend name here)and you have a another boyfriend, everytime you are near him, you just cant forget your ex-boyfriend" then, I just changed the other card for the first one in their hands.

But, as I say to you guys, after all the things I do on the routine, that finale is not quite impressing.

I'm starting to think that it doesn't even have to end with a magic trick. Perhaps you can say the boyfriend left you. (Rip up the card) "But he'll always be in your heart." You then put the ripped up card in the spectator's hand.

Then perhaps if you want to end it with magic the spectator can open their hands and see the card completely restored.

Mitch

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Then perhaps if you want to end it with magic the spectator can open their hands and see the card completely restored.

Mitch

That's what Im looking for! that would be perfect! but the only thing close to do that,(and the only method I have thinked) was to top change the card, rip it, put the pieces aside, mercury fold the selected card, perform a swith between the pieces and the folded card(like with coins) put it in the spectators hand and then tell them what you said! but is the only method I have think of, I haven't practice it.

and the thing of ending it without magic Is a nice idea also, Ill have to apply it next time I perform.

Im still lookning for more ideas guys,Anyone here has torn too?

Jun 22, 2008
earth
If you don't classic force their card on the during your routine, you could "lose" it in the deck, shuffle it up a bit, even palm it off for them to shuffle and then force it. Being that the theme is love, you could get them recall their favorite birthday present when they were little, and what it was like opening it and seeing it. The idea is to trigger an emotional response with the help of an already existing memory.

Mar 30, 2008
I have an idea! After you do the last rise, do a few false shuffles while you say they the spectator and the card broke up. Do a double lift and say the spectator got a new boyfriend/girlfriend. Turn the two cards back over and hand them the top card. Go through the pack saying that after the last relationship ended badly, the old boyfriend/girlfriend was nowhere to be found. Tell them to look at the card in their hands and say that he/she will always be in their heart.

Dec 13, 2007
North Hollywood
RIP by daniel madison is a torn and restored that happens int he spectators hands, it sounds like what your looking for, you can find it on identity (one of his PDFs) or You may find some online stores selling it as a single trick

Dee Christophers cinder would work.
Just say something about how even thought they broke up, she had a burning love for him(then burn the card) and she never wants to be without him(then restore the card).

I know the patter sucks but I usually don't do love stories.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
i love the actual ending though, but if you need somehting else, try to to something along the lines ofa deck vanish signifying a lost heart or something...

May 19, 2008
manchester
check out derren browns zamiels rose... you could say stuff like...

and he kept on comeing back to her, (the acr), he said that their wasnt anyone else in his life (do the deck vanish), he told her that he would give her a rose as a present, but when he tried, the rose fell apart in his hands, (you make the petals apear, and steal a two thum tips from your pockets filled with peices of red paper), and he started to cry, the girl looked up at the sky and suddenly petals started to fall to the floor... (realese the petals), and they cried together on the floor (get the queen of hearts and the king of spades(whcih you would have forced at the begining) and do the sleeping queen so that a tear runs down their faces), but suddenly the girl went away, (do that thing in paul harrises book where you throw the card up and it lands with its mate), but she came back, and now they live together, married, forever...

the end. lol

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
check out derren browns zamiels rose... you could say stuff like...

and he kept on comeing back to her, (the acr), he said that their wasnt anyone else in his life (do the deck vanish), he told her that he would give her a rose as a present, but when he tried, the rose fell apart in his hands, (you make the petals apear, and steal a two thum tips from your pockets filled with peices of red paper), and he started to cry, the girl looked up at the sky and suddenly petals started to fall to the floor... (realese the petals), and they cried together on the floor (get the queen of hearts and the king of spades(whcih you would have forced at the begining) and do the sleeping queen so that a tear runs down their faces), but suddenly the girl went away, (do that thing in paul harrises book where you throw the card up and it lands with its mate), but she came back, and now they live together, married, forever...

the end. lol

HAhaha, I liked it a lot! but I would need to have like 100$ to buy the tricks and things I dont have, also I think your routine is destined for a stage right? I don see myself throwing red paper in the street. Cheers!:D

May 19, 2008
manchester
well no its more of a bizzare routine, you start with something like...

"these are queen of hearts and king of spades, the royal cards are based of real people, these cards were based on **** and **** who were two lovers...." go into the acr, then do my routine...

May 18, 2008
On Jay Sankey's Firestarters, there is a good torn and restored which is exactly what you are looking for. Basically you tear the card, put it into a paperclip and restore it. Very easy and great for the end of a routine.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Actually I liked the idea of " and because there is nobody in your world than him" I performed triumph with that story as a finisher and it played nice, the thing is that I cant do triumph while I am standing, so thats why I don t use it as a finisher.

Sep 24, 2008
Bavaria, Germany
As I always love to ende ACR´s with the spectators card vanish totally....normaly in a context like "the card actually never existed"

you could build up your patter like your spectatress (lol?) and her "boyfriend"-card lost each other.....be creative...maybe the have to go to different countries because of something or so....the girl runs to the house of her boyfriend (in this case his house is the deck of cards) and looks through it but he is already gone...she is really said...

but at that point you could kind of make her happy again by telling her that every two people in the world are meeting each other at least twice....

With that words you could leave or say thanks for watching or something you have to decide what.

Of course you´ve managed to slip the card somewhere, where she is possibly able to find the card later, when she is at home again....thats not really easy and you of course never know if she will find the card and how she will react....but that is the little "kick" for you as a performer in my opinion.

maybe you get the idea behind it.

Cheers

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results