E's CIBs - Teaser Up

Sep 1, 2007
A lot of people I know say factory sealed. Maybe these reactions were filmed a while back when this effect was just called a Coin Through Bottle, maybe they adapted the name from that guy to name the effect.

brian.

I agree that person saying it was "factory sealed" seemed weird but then again it could've just been the patter that Justin used. Justin couldve really pushed the fact that it was "factory sealed" that it stuck with the spectator. I live in NYC with you and I know absolutely NO ONE that says "factory sealed."

Sep 2, 2007
As long as I can get reactions like that, the quality of the teasers is the LAST thing on my mind.

That guy is not reacting to the effect -- he's just flabbergasted because he was asked if he wanted to see a coin in bottle effect, known as Factory Sealed, but, instead, was only teased with it.

(He's thinking, "Why in the world would someone come up to me and say, 'Do you want to see Factory Sealed, one of two new CIBs,' only to have the magician walk away without performing it. Huh?")

I think we all know the feeling. :D

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 4, 2007
You guys are so funny...it seems some of you just can't stand the wait...and some of you just can't stand it period.

If Ellusionist had put out a bunch of trailers and whatnot, then a lot of you would be condemning us for over-hyping "the E way". So we put out just a teaser and you guys are up in arms because it does not show enough.

I have no doubt that Justin pointed out that the bottle was still "factory sealed" and the dude picked up on it. If that seems a little fake to a few of you, then it seems a little fake...who am I to try to change your minds.

You know, there will be trailers that go up soon enough, and you will see more. Until then, I guess you get to emanate your own type of hype.

Take it easy,

RJ

Sep 1, 2007
I was here when this place opened and saw the intense rash of threads about YouTube sucks, or this guy sucks, or this dealer sucks...

And this still stands out as an unblievably whiny thread. This is why I spend so little time online anymore.

I don't know what's more depressing. People critiquing a teaser clip like they're Roger Ebert, or the fact that I saw it coming a mile away.

This is getting annoying.

It is a teaser. Not a preview, not a demo, but a teaser. It is meant to get us hyped up and excited about the effect. Not to show us the effect, but how hard the effect hits. Previews, where you actually see the penetration, will be up later this month when it's closer to release.

Stop complaining that it doesn't show you anything. It's not supposed to.

Irritatedly yours,

Ryan

You guys are so funny...it seems some of you just can't stand the wait...and some of you just can't stand it period.

If Ellusionist had put out a bunch of trailers and whatnot, then a lot of you would be condemning us for over-hyping "the E way". So we put out just a teaser and you guys are up in arms because it does not show enough.

I have no doubt that Justin pointed out that the bottle was still "factory sealed" and the dude picked up on it. If that seems a little fake to a few of you, then it seems a little fake...who am I to try to change your minds.

You know, there will be trailers that go up soon enough, and you will see more. Until then, I guess you get to emanate your own type of hype.

Take it easy,

RJ
Most of the people bashing the teaser will end up buying the CIB's anyways. I just can't help but notice RJ, that every one of your posts is defending Ellusionist. You should take part in some discussion around here :D.

Cool to have you here.

Mitchell

Sep 2, 2007
Most of the people bashing the teaser will end up buying the CIB's anyways.

I don't think that we are bashing the teaser (at least I'm not). Rather, I think we're just curious and eager to see the effect, and are jealous, if you will, and, as a result, are having some fun with the teaser, or lack thereof, as we cannot have fun with the actual effect.

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:

Take it easy,

RJ

Well I thought the teaser was alright, just not enough actual presentation of the trick, the reactions were great I just wanted to see more of the actual trick it self to see if I'll buy it or not. When the teaser comes out I'll check it out, I'll most likely buy it because I've held off on buying other CIB's, sorry if I seemed harsh but, teaser trailers don't appeal to me much if they don't give any info about the actual product.

-RA69

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Most of the people bashing the teaser will end up buying the CIB's anyways. I just can't help but notice RJ, that every one of your posts is defending Ellusionist. You should take part in some discussion around here :D.

Cool to have you here.

Mitchell

Yo, RJ is the coolest person you'll ever meet on the forums. Nobody ever messes with him. I consider him 1 of the "gods" of the forums.
No joke, he's the coolest.

-Dan

Sep 1, 2007
teaser trailers don't appeal to me much if they don't give any info about the actual product.

That defeats the purpose of a teaser. A teaser is not an infomercial. All of you are reacting as if you're expecting a Bob Vila special, when really it's just a one-minute spot to show you that audiences like the effect, and Justin Miller is on the DVD.

If it left you wanting to know more, then it did it's job pretty effectively.

That defeats the purpose of a teaser. A teaser is not an infomercial. All of you are reacting as if you're expecting a Bob Vila special, when really it's just a one-minute spot to show you that audiences like the effect, and Justin Miller is on the DVD.

If it left you wanting to know more, then it did it's job pretty effectively.

True I get what your saying, but I'm just saying what I like to see out of teasers, like the Ultra Gaff it showed a trick from the deck which I find cool. So, we both could have different ideas but Im not slagging the product I'm looking forward to it coming out.

-RA69

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Official trailers

LINKS REMOVED BY REQUEST

I FOUND THESE BY SNOOPING AROUND, ENJOY GUYS

These look amazing, I must admit.

Addressing the teaser trailer: Teasers are supposed to be a little sneak peak. They're supposed to leave you wanting more, they're supposed to catch your attention long enough to get you interested, but then leave you waiting. A perfect example of this is the J.J. Abram's movie Cloverfield. The trailer played, and by the end, literally the whole theater was shouting and cursing because it had drawn them in and left them wanting some more. This teaser trailer just showed us a guy talking on his cell phone talking about how great it was. It didn't raise my interested level in the effect one bit. I was still skeptical about how great these CIB's would be.

That being said, I think that the trailers look amazing, and I think that both of these effects could be very spectacular.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results