Ever been caught?

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
I was performing Out of This World (the version taught in Magic by Joshua Jay) and the girl who was dealing the cards....well...I could have used better judgment on who I picked for dealing the cards out. (She hates me...long story) and so she dealt all the cards on the red pile...ALL of them...and very VERY fast too. If you know how this effect works, then you know this isn't the best situation. I was like "Oh crap" in my head, but I tried to keep calm. Anyway, without revealing the effect, I did the rest of the dirty work (there isn't much thank goodness) and everybody freaked out. So I was lucky:p.

i've had kids just take the whole pack and drop it on one pile.

Dec 20, 2009
Massachusetts
I've had some funny yet embarrassing experiences... When I was doing card to mouth (dan and dave), at the point of putting the card in my mouth, the spectator, instead of pushing "his card" in, he looked up, and said, "what are you doing?" Failure... Never really liked that trick.

Many times, when I do a double lift, people say, THATS 2 CARDS!

What is really annoying is that when I'm using a svengali deck, it gets amazing
responses, and then people ask for the deck...

Worst was probably when I was doing Chinese Linking Rings, and I dropped the key ring...

I guess this is just because I'm clumsy, but I don't know how to respond, and it really throws me off...

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Just last night I was caught twice, doing card to mouth by Dan and Dave. The flourish to get the card they stopped at, split both times. Needless to say that I didn't carry on with the trick since I knew it was pointless. I just said, forget this I quit.;)
I guess they felt bad for me, but I was just smiling like, fml./
I should have just done some other trick after, but I had been doing magic outside where it was cold, and then back inside where it was hot. The cards were garbage at that point.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Sure....Danny...blame it on the temperature of the cards. There were probably some hot chicks you couldn't keep your eyes off of and messed up.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Sure....Danny...blame it on the temperature of the cards. There were probably some hot chicks you couldn't keep your eyes off of and messed up.

that had happen to me before...

there was this very, very hot chick with very bigs...mmmm you know...and it was distracting...this was in one of my shows...she seated in the front seat very close...I think she was trying to distract me and get my secrets....and that was not the worst part....I produced a rose from fire and I gave her the rose...and she put the rose between her breasts!!!!! where I was supposed to look?!!!

now that it´s misdirection!!

Jul 16, 2008
somewhere in New York
hmmm lets see....

I was performing Sinful, and I dropped the coin.

I was performing coin thru glass..i dropped the glass.

And the absolute worst time I can think of...i was doing pressure on the bus after school a while ago, and I know I didn't flash..but i stupidly forgot one of the boys on tht bus I KNEW looked up tutorials for magic on youtube..he told me b4. and i stupidly performed for him knowing he was a heckler and looked up the newer things. After i was done i got a good reaction from everyone else around me. But he looked at me with this "im amazing" look on his face and proceeded to tell everyone step by step what i did and ended with "yea..i got it". They ended up getting mad at him after and said it was still awesome though...so it wasnt HORRIBLE. but annoying.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results