Faces on the Guardian cards?

Aug 31, 2007
Apart from the Ace of Spades, are the faces of the other 51 + Jokers standard Bicycle faces?

I don't expect an answer too soon as it seems like there's been an explosion in here!

Ter.

Aug 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
A source close to the project and a friend of mine, said "Aside from the Ace of Spades, the rest of the cards are the same design as a regular deck of Bicycle Playing cards. The colors, however are a little deeper, but give the cards a more edgy touch."

Hi,

I think they are regular bicycle face cards, because if they were not they would have posted a picture or at least say something about it.
Think about it, that way they will look less fake to layman.

A big problem with customized cards is that if you exaggerate with the design laymans will think that they are gimmicked (go figure).
It doesnt matter what you think or know about the cards is what your audiance think about it.

The good thing about the Gaurdians is that they have only black back, different backs and a different ace. Laymans know that there are many types of playing cards so thous characteristics don't matter.

-The Illusionist

Aug 31, 2007
A source close to the project and a friend of mine, said "Aside from the Ace of Spades, the rest of the cards are the same design as a regular deck of Bicycle Playing cards. The colors, however are a little deeper, but give the cards a more edgy touch."
Thanks for the input and I'm sure you're right, but it would also be nice to hear the 'official line'. ;)

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
These look AMAZING. They feel extremely slick-- and they fan incredibly. We were extremely particular in what kind of card stock was used, what kind of finish was applied, etc. We did extensive testing to make sure we got it just right.

With regard to the design of the faces: the Ace of Spades has the Bicycle Guardian spade on the front, and the Jokers have the Guardian Angel on them. All of the backs have white borders at the suggestion of CK and Lee for ease of use in effects (doubles, etc).

The rest of the cards are similar to normal Bicycle faces, with the exception of the coloring. We chose slightly darker shades of red for the red hearts and diamonds (only 3 shades darker), and darker shades of blue for the blue accents of the royal cards (a navy blue). We took out all of the yellow on the royal cards. This gives the cards a more modern, current aesthetic. Will take some more pictures of them and post in this thread soon.

Oh.. and the box... oh my god. My favorite part of the deck. Wait till you see it.

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
With regard to the design of the faces: the Ace of Spades has the Bicycle Guardian spade on the front, and the Jokers have the Guardian Angel on them. All of the backs have white borders at the suggestion of CK and Lee for ease of use in effects (doubles, etc).

I'm actaully very happy looking at the pictures, that the borders are white, the black tigers and other black decks look nice for the first few weeks then start fading, which was disappointing to see. I can't wait to get my hands on a pack of these beauties!

Aug 31, 2007
England
Kenner also said on another thread for those interested:

The cards are AWESOME and I am not just saying that. I have been using them for a few weeks and the closest thing I can compare them to are the "Split Spades" decks in feel. They are soft right out of the box.

The faces are not as bright as regular Bicycles the reds are more classy and slightly muted..... You should love them.

Chris Kenner

Aug 31, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Kenner also said on another thread for those interested:

The cards are AWESOME and I am not just saying that. I have been using them for a few weeks and the closest thing I can compare them to are the "Split Spades" decks in feel. They are soft right out of the box.

The faces are not as bright as regular Bicycles the reds are more classy and slightly muted..... You should love them.

Chris Kenner

yeh i heard the colours are darker and they have got rid of all teh bright colours on the court cards can't wait to get my 4 packs

Sep 1, 2007
Philippines
These cards look very impressive. I have been hoping for a deck with an angel/fallen angel theme. Normal bikes have angels on them but they aren't exagerated. I will definitely buy this deck when I can.
Hey, since they've made a deck themed with guardian angels, maybe they can make one with devils next. I think that would look cool too.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results