For Those in School

Jan 9, 2008
Sacramento
coin aholic, magic consumed my life in grade nine and has been off and on for the past 3 years. now im a senior and it has begun again. i have a show coming up and i just need to get through this week so i can prepare for it. ahhh!!! finals!

kevin

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
The one thing that I hate about school is that one teacher that hates you. And she grades your test unfairly, and then I have to work my a** off studying today so I can get 100 on the semester exam so I can get a good grade, and if I'm lucky she won't take off any points for no reason. And she stole my pen earlier in the year, and never gave it back!:mad:

Other than that school can be fun, with a good sense of humor. In my Language Arts class it's more like a comedy show or something, especially when we read our stories in front of the class, a lot of fun.

Sep 27, 2007
Cenozoic, Oligocene
I make it a priority to finish homework first...

While I study though, I practice new sleights with a coin... It's a good way, your head is thinking and your hands are moving :p

(This sort of says I'm not the real Cyril >.>)

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Look at it this way:

Which will have a bigger impact on my future? Practicing The Werm, or studying for your exams?
In 20 years will you look back at your life and go "If only I had practiced my false cut instead of studying!", or do you think you'll look back and say "I'm so glad I studied instead of practicing magic!"

There is a time and a place for magic, I'm not saying you should ignore it altogether, however, school is far more important that magic.

Just a little something to think about.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
This is the way I look at it. This thread seems to have become pretty heated. Especially with all the four asterisk word posts ;) I know people here do not want to see out younger members mess up their life, however...

People who think that school is not beneficial to them will not have their opinion swayed by people on a message board. Sometimes they need to learn the hard way.

As it was said much earlier, along the lines of "And this is the future of America." A quote I happen to like regarding this is in MitchelStafeijs' signature (Hope ya don't mind me mentioning ya, bud :p):

"And what have we become? A consuming machine in a useless regime. And what more did we expect? A generation raised by T.V. and taught to neglect."

I think that sums it up pretty well.

By posting in this thread (as ironic as it is that I made THIS post), all you are doing is fueling the fire.

Before I end this post, you should look into those millionaires you speak of, Tally. They treated school with high importance. They just either dropped out or didn't go because:

1. Opportunity knocked and they took it
2. They were born into money
3. They came about an very, very big inheritance

Look at Bill Gates. He dropped out. Why? Opportunity. If you ask him about the importance of a good education, he will tell you hands down to get a good one.

-ThrallMind

Dec 25, 2007
School is more than important to me. But it hasn't always been. Let me tell you a little story:

Last year was my first year of High School, and I was excited to finally be running with the big dogs. The summer before, I had gained a hhuge love for magic, and it's all I wanted to do. Learn, practice, perform. 24/7, non-stop. I never did my homework, and I was always practicing in class so I didn't do my school work either. And I payed for it. I failed the second sememster of my Freshman year because all I wanted to do was magic. So now I have to repeat a semester of Freshman classes before I can be a Sophmore. This was such a wake up call. I bawled my eyes out. Failure is my biggest fear, and to fail at something this serious....wow.

Now I know a few of you are probably saying "That's not a big deal, I failed a whole year before." Yeah, but I haven't. My goal has always been to do the best I can do. I had straight A's in every class in every year up until last year. Now I bust my ass to make sure I have a C.

School? More important than you know.

Anthony Bass

woah man....its summer right now in australia and im just about to start highschool.....thats exactly me......thanks for the tips.....that inspires me not to lose focus...thanks man...appreciate it

Oct 11, 2007
I'm in the middle of eighth grade, so as long as I pass, my grades don't really matter...but school still comes first, then magic and friends

Dude, same with me, but I'm about to get a job doing magic at a restaurant, you should try it!

Sep 2, 2007
San Diego, CA
I am in Junior High, and go to an advanced school. I can brag, but choose not to. I leave that to my parents :rolleyes:.

Yes. School is important. If you want to make anything of yourself, some point in your life (hopefully before your 40s,) you want an education. So that text book you are spacing, is basically your life. You can always ignore it, but you shouldn't. If you dont have an education, you may end up being the person you dont want to be. The old creepy guy that follows you around scraping gum underneath the tables. You can always picture a big fancy house, nice car(s), and think it will come true. And you may get lucky, but those chances are a high as me eating my own foot for breakfast. Your main choice in life is school. Notice I said choice. You can choose not to go, but its against the law to not go as a child, and 2, that choice will haunt you forever. You may like magic, or love it. But you dont need magic. If you are too illiterate to get what I am saying, I will spell it out for you. S.C.H.O.O.L. F.I.R.S.T! Magic later. Good night! See you tommorrow (in 4 minutes :eek:)!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results