FOX News on Angel's Escape

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
No way!
You mean Criss really wasn't in that building??

Sometimes it seems that magicians are smarter than anyone else.
lol, I wished they did that with every Criss Angel trick.

D

Deleted member 2755

Now people think he's better than Houdini. That figures.

-Doug

Sep 1, 2007
How is this "great stuff" This is a bunch of jerks spoiling and exposing a trick.

Yeah, Criss Angel is a total douche, but this isn't right. Its the job of the magician to do whatever he can to fool his audience, if camera tricks further the illusion of him doing something unreal, then why not use them? I guarentee you more than half the people who watched that were fooled. Now the whole trick is spoiled because of the jerks at fox. Of course he didn't really get crushed by a building. Of course no one would survive that. But he fooled the audience. He did his job. Nobody is dumb enough to believe that he was actually in there, but still, laymen would still think "how did he get out of there? How did he get out and wait in the next buliding. I just watched him?" Not everyone are camera experts, and not everyone are magicians. This is exposure. Its wrong.

Mar 25, 2008
Arkansas
Hahahahahaha. They won't think he's better than houdini if they see the footage of him running from the building next door to the grassy spot he jumped up from.

RRRRRaaaaaaaggggghhhhh. Here I am.... in some grass.

Pay attention boys and girls. Camera tricks will come back to bite you in the @$$.

Now, as I have stated before, I beleive that that is complete abuse of camera's and other tools. granted magic usually takes advantage of others this went too far. I wish I had actually seen him do something for real. And FOX raised some excellent points.

On the flip side, That stunt, if performed, would have been so dangerous that the authorities would most likely not have allowed a human life to be put in that danger. also, all Criss was trying to do was get some more publicity and support himself as an entertainer. Did this entertain? YES. Do I think it was right? NOT REALLY. But I understand what he was tring to do and I will bash him no more.

Hey. Do you want to discuss what you do and don't like about Criss Angel. Then go and check out this weeks "Weekly Debate." Here: http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=9774

Every week a new question will be posted and I urge you to join us and check in frequently. But read the rules stated here: http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=9323&highlight=weekly+debate

I thank you in advance for your participation...

Aug 1, 2008
just make me wonder how maybe other of his "demonstartions"are use by camara tricks since he said that he does not use camara tricks.?!?!

Sep 1, 2007
How is this "great stuff" This is a bunch of jerks spoiling and exposing a trick.

The only thing people love more than a celebrity is tearing them down. Magicians are not immune from this combination of vouyeuristic stupidity and sadism. If anything, these incidents show the community at its worst.

May 2, 2008
lol, I wished they did that with every Criss Angel trick.

I wish they would do that with all of Wayne Houchin's tricks..

How is this any different from exposure of Theory11's tricks? I have no problem with camera tricks, I just look at it as another gimmick used to entertain audiences.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I wish they would do that with all of Wayne Houchin's tricks..

How is this any different from exposure of Theory11's tricks? I have no problem with camera tricks, I just look at it as another gimmick used to entertain audiences.

You might have no problem with camera tricks, but a lot of other people do.
People who get pissed when their do an effect and their audience brings up Criss Angel doing a trick involving camera trickery.

Then they ask if you can do that, and of course you can't and neither could he for real people.

Wayne's tricks on the other hand are all possible to do for real people.
Wayne's tricks involve focusing and concentration to make sure your doing everything right. ex (watching angles, communication, misdirection)

Most of Criss's tricks involve a "CUT", "Action", and a "ARE YOU READY".
"cut, wait wait, time out, let's do it again, I didn't scream "are you ready" loud enough".
Then claiming he's the #1 magician, are you kidding??
#1 actor maybe, but in no way he's the #1 magician.

Do you see my point, because I may have gotten a little carried away.
(I do that sometimes) :b

Sep 1, 2007
He probably is the most successful magician right now. You want to know why? He's good at what he does. What does he do? He fools people. And camera tricks or not, in the end, he's done his job. You may not like him, but you have to respect him. Not just anyone can get their own show just like that.

Sep 1, 2007
People who get pissed when their do an effect and their audience brings up Criss Angel doing a trick involving camera trickery.

There are a lot of ways to respond to that, some more professional than others.

If anybody cares, I can relate my own experiences with real audiences through PM.

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
He probably is the most successful magician right now. You want to know why? He's good at what he does. What does he do? He fools people. And camera tricks or not, in the end, he's done his job. You may not like him, but you have to respect him. Not just anyone can get their own show just like that.

Amen dude!

Sep 8, 2007
Creeper, Criss Angel is no where being the most successful magician and he never will be. Copperfield is way more successful than Angel and hes been doing magic for 30+ years

Sep 1, 2007
Did I say EVER? I made a point of saying he's the most successful magician RIGHT NOW.

James, thank you for agreeing with me, its nice to know I'm not arguing by myself here.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results