FOX News on Angel's Escape

Sep 3, 2007
I wish they would do that with all of Wayne Houchin's tricks..

How is this any different from exposure of Theory11's tricks? I have no problem with camera tricks, I just look at it as another gimmick used to entertain audiences.

Maybe what we're seeing is that audiences don't want to be tricked with magic if it's based on camera tricks.

Mar 25, 2008
Arkansas
I have a TON of respect for how long Criss Angel has fought and worked for his success. I have a TON of respect for Criss Angel's live performances on stage where he performed some amazing and groundbreaking magic.
I have little to no respect for the MindFreak show. Camera tricks matter. The audience has an expectation that those performances are something that can be performed LIVE. Guys like Mark Wilson and Doug Henning and David Copperfield spent years establishing credibility for magic on television. Copperfield stretched those boundaries by using the camera's boundaries as a proscenium arch. Criss totally blew past that into full blown editing of effects. I feel that is disrespectful of the audience, their trust, and their expectations. Criss Angel obviously feels differently.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
How is this "great stuff" This is a bunch of jerks spoiling and exposing a trick.

Yeah, Criss Angel is a total douche, but this isn't right. Its the job of the magician to do whatever he can to fool his audience, if camera tricks further the illusion of him doing something unreal, then why not use them? I guarentee you more than half the people who watched that were fooled. Now the whole trick is spoiled because of the jerks at fox. Of course he didn't really get crushed by a building. Of course no one would survive that. But he fooled the audience. He did his job. Nobody is dumb enough to believe that he was actually in there, but still, laymen would still think "how did he get out of there? How did he get out and wait in the next buliding. I just watched him?" Not everyone are camera experts, and not everyone are magicians. This is exposure. Its wrong.

He(criss) presented it as an escape.Not magic or an illusion.
Its supposed to be a stunt.just like houdini did and how david blaine did.
The only difference is they are real escape/endurance artists.
Criss claimed to be a magician and escape artist and he's not.
Since escape is not even close to magic there has to be honesty there between you and your spectators.All he did was cheat and lie to people.
Going on about having to be in the best physical state.Lies.
Magic and escape are completely different things.

Sep 3, 2007
this si how they think it was done you never know what accually happend unless criss tells you himself

He was basically caught on camera dude.

It's no different than kids watching a trick over and over or slowing it down to figure out how it's done. But it is different in the way that the method was stupid and just asking to be debunked. Like the guy said, Criss supports debunking this kind of thing so he shouldn't be upset if it happens to him right?

Nov 8, 2007
I don't like FOX and I don't like Criss Angel and his camera trick "stunts." So to see them tear each other down is just kind of... neat.

Sep 1, 2007
This is BS. I really don't like Criss Angel, but revealing magic tricks to the public is just BS, no matter how gay the method is. LOL at the way they were so proud of themselves for figuring out that Criss Angels tricks weren't real magic though.

Sep 1, 2007
Since escape is not even close to magic there has to be honesty there between you and your spectators.

How do you figure?

All he did was cheat and lie to people.
Going on about having to be in the best physical state.Lies.
Magic and escape are completely different things.

So they're different, so it's okay?

This just proves my point that there is little, if any, solidarity among artists. A bunch of jackals looking out for Number 1.

Aug 1, 2008
does anyone else know what tricks he does w/camaras:? and yeah like someone else said that it was supose to be a escape not a trick and all the other escapes that he did i believe he really did those.but this one was so fake.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results