Frustrating

Aug 18, 2008
A lot of people have complained about youtube exposure as well as magic revealing tv shows. The argument against that being that your spectators will not go and look up the secret. Sometimes though, the timing just sucks.l

I was performing for some college friends in the afternoon, and I opened with one of my favorite effects, self tying shoelace. Later at night we were all watching the game and after someone turned it to the masked magicians show. I didnt really care, until he revealed the self tying shoelace. People had been asking me about that all day, and the show really spoiled that.

Random story, I just thought some people might have had something similar happen.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Everytime thats happened to me (and its only been twice in the past few years)
I say "yeah,thats one way to do it". And then they wonder even more.
Even so,they themselves doubt where they saw the trick revealed because they swear I did it so much differently and under impossible conditions.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 3, 2008
Everytime thats happened to me (and its only been twice in the past few years)
I say "yeah,thats one way to do it". And then they wonder even more.
Even so,they themselves doubt where they say the trick revealed because they swear I did it so much differently and under impossible conditions.

That's actually a really good idea. I'll keep that in mind.

That happened to me though. My friend came over to my house and I showed him Stigmata. It turns out he just watched that episode of the masked magician earlier that day. Apparently he doesn't watch it often but I doubt it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results