Gecko - Joe Rosenbaum

Sep 20, 2008
http://www.ellusionist.com/product/accessories/additional+-+other/gecko+by+jim+rosenbaum.do

Found in Ellusionist. Personally, this is the only trick that has godsmacked me besides tatoo Joe.

The fact that it can be done sleeveless and that it can make entire gigantic things dissapear (like bottles) is quite phenomenal.

Thoughts?

Edit: its come to my attention that this is an old product, but recently stocked by E. is there other sources where i can clarify issues such as angle sensitivity, reset time, bulk of it? limitations? etc.

someone pointed out in E that it's been discussed in magic Cafe, but i cant seem to register there to use hte search function...

any other sourceS?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 27, 2008
The Gecko is a type of pull, like the Raven. However, it's much smaller, the hands can be shown clean seconds before the vanish, and you can vanish anything under about 3 lbs. To the mods: This is not exposure; I've seen the word "topit" passed around on many a magic forum, and I can't imagine "pull" being any different. DL? Tilt? Pass? IT? All the same.
EDIT: Most, if not all of what I said is available on WRONG LINK, SORRY.
EDIT 2: It's thegeckoforum.org, sorry.

Apr 27, 2008
I personally do not like the gecko, I have practiced and practiced but at the most it is only decent for adding on to effects. The major problems are the cost since the materials may have cost about 15 bucks, making large objects disappear is way to difficult (need some big arms for it), special clothing required, cannot just pull it out unnoticed unless you're Slydini or something, and just overall I wish I had bought something else with this money. It looks cool as anything when Andy uses it but there are to many things wrong with this one for it to be worth the money and effort.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
I think someone posted a review on here of the gecko a while back.
I cant remember all of the cons but i do know that it makes some kind of noise.
What i do want to know is if its easy enough to produce it back again when you want.
Because you cant just make something dissapear.It has to come back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 20, 2008
Not really- just a rule of thumb.

When ive vanished something, the immediate reaction is "where did it go?" or "make it re-appear again!"

kinda like doing sinful but not telling them the coin is inside D:

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results