Gone Campin'

Hey, guys and gals!
I have (yet another) question for everybody. I just booked a gig to do magic for a Boy Scouts of America camping trip. I'll pack my belongings, and go to Lake Ray Roberts with the scouts for a day or two, and perform magic for them. Pretty awesome publicity seeing how there will be 100+ kids AND their parents. I've got two quesions actually.

1. In a setting such as a camp ground, do you prefer to set up a picnic table and do a close-up routine as you would do at a kids b-day party, or do you prefer to do strolling magic for everybody there? I'm thinking strolling magic, but you guys may think differently.

2. Are there any effects that you guys know of that fit well in this type of environment? I can perform sponge balls, and a few card effects, and maybe the 3 shell game, but are there any others you reccommend? Thanks!

Tony Blake

Sep 1, 2007
Montreal, Quebec
For a scout camp I would surely perform some rope trick. I would be realy easy to present cause they probably have course on knot. Maybe that a 3d rabbit routine where you have talking about someone in the forest that is trying to kill a rabit and whatever. Oh and I just got a flash maybe that you could do a one coin routine with a ending where your coin become a rock. anyway have fun :)

Do a strait jacket escape.lol

Do the color changing knifes I use them in every show and have a pretty decent 5 min. routine with them and you my want to do some PK effects as well. OH one more thing LOOPS!!!

They love em.

What I'm saying Anthony is that you should have a show together BEFORE the gig...

You say you perform in theaters and libraries...then why not just that show?? It would work perfectly! ;)

I am putting the show together. The camping trip isn't until April 08, so I have plenty of time.

Why not JUST perform for libraries and theaters? Because I wanna be all over the place. Diversity.

Tony Blake

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results