Good Russian Roulette (Knives/Cups)

Dec 10, 2007
Slovenia (Europe)
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you knows a good russian roulette? And if it's worth the buy, and where.

I also really loved the one that was posted on T11 front page a while ago where the audience member's hands were involved (TED). So if anyone has that, what do you think of it? And where is it possible to buy it from.

Thanks!

-Seb

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Anybody interested in a very creative approach to solving the problem of a simple, quirky method for any kind of Monte routine of this type, Look out for Jay Crowes upcoming book, NULL.

I read an advance copy, as I am writing the pre-release review, and Immediately smiled when I read Jay's thoughts on this!

CL

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Matthew Mello has a very clever version called instinct. It is so simple that when you watch the DVD and see the method you probably swear but all in all it is a very deceptive method. Then all you have to do is adopt Keith's handling by using the spectator instead of your own hands.

Jul 21, 2008
Finland
But if you use spectators hand and make a mistake, it is a bad thing. In youtube is pretty discusting video when magician slams spectators hand to spike!:eek:

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
But if you use spectators hand and make a mistake, it is a bad thing. In youtube is pretty disgusting video when magician slams spectators hand to spike!:eek:

Yes I have also seen that video, makes me cringe because he completely slams hard.

Back on topic, the Russian roulette that Kieth Barry does, is based on a simple principal, however I do not know where it can be bought. Angela Funovits also performed his version of the Russian Roulette on Phenomenon if I can recall.

Another version of Russian roulette is performed by Criss angel and is hands down more risky in all aspects.

Try looking in some beginner mentalism books for some information, but I have not found anything myself in particular.

Sep 1, 2007
Personally, I find most Russian roullette routines to be in extremely bad taste. And if you like the idea of using a spectator's hand as opposed to your own, you should be caned.

That said, the safest possible method I have yet encountered was Andrew Mayne's Stab'd from the Maynia DVD. If you can perform two simple sleights, you're not in any danger at all.

Nevertheless, there's a lot of psychology behind these routines. I don't recommend it for anyone without some prior experience in dealing with heavier subject matter. In fact, I can't say I recommend it in general. Not many magicians can pull off a Russian roullette routine without looking like a complete dickhead.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
'Null' will be released very soon.

It is written and the design work is done, so Jay will put it out very soon.

I will post an 'ALERT' when it's out, for anybody interested!

CL

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results