GoTyme, Cardistry Debut

D@n

Oct 11, 2011
[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/Randomblueletters?feature=mhee[/video]

I'm very proud of this, please watch the video in its entirety.

Feb 7, 2011
Sorry man, I stopped watching at the weird, cellotape self-mutilation clip. Dont know how thats at all relevant to cardistry or even setting the scene.

Jul 14, 2010
Croatia
I did.

Your thumb fan could be more even, the same goes for the ribbon spread (btw, the carpet isn't the best place to ribbon spread, it's always dirty and you can spread equally well on glass), the card twirl looked nice, every other flourish could be a lot smoother. The music is so annoying I muted the video after about 10 seconds, the video is too long considering you're only doing cardistry during about 15% of it, and I didn't get the jokes/gaffs with the sellotape, the stapled handkerchiefs, the Pikachu or any other.
Call me narrow-minded, but I think you should focus more on cardistry if you seriously want to improve.

Cheers!

Oct 8, 2011
Baltimore
i am going to agree on that one
i've tried my hand at a number of cardistry vids and i know how difficult it is to have to find enough content to make a good one
sorry, but ive seen better

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Not trying to be rude or mean but I stopped after the first 30 seconds due to the video / music just being way out there. You definitely need to focus a bit more. A short 30 second clip of just your cardistry moves would have showed us what you can do. Perhaps try again.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
Very strange video. The two balls you're rotating in your hand (i forget their name), you're doing it wrong. The idea is to spin the balls in your hand while keeping them separated, they're not supposed to touch at all.

Apr 2, 2011
Chicago, IL
Yeah man, that music just wasn't working for me. Too annoying. I saw only about 20 seconds of cardistry. Sorry sir, but it didn't work for me either.

It's hard to follow your video because it has a lot of elements that just don't make sense. The tape on the arm, the balls, the tissue paper, the pikachu, etc. 4 minutes for such a mish mosh of randomness is about 3:30 too long. Sorry man, I can't say I like this.

Try focusing on one thing, cards for example. Spread them, cut them, do some flourishes, etc. Film 15 minutes of material and then edit it down to two minutes tops. I think if you can focus the video on a single topic and deliver material on that subject it'll read a lot better.

The music selection also was something I didn't like. It's a personal thing for me. I don't know if that music is something cultural to where you live, but for me (someone who lives in California, and doesn't speak or understand that language) it's a distraction.

All the best to you, and keep up the good effort!

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Draw up storyboards and have a good outline of how you want your short to be. This was very disorganized and incoherent.
There was no direction and whatever you were trying to express was lost in poor editing, sound, and directing.
You played an entire song throughout the entire video that didn't fit the speed of the story.
Was it a music video? flourishing video? ( don't think so because the majority of the time there was no flourishing.)
Also in terms of acting, you conveyed no emotion. not even plucky awkwardness which seemed to be the theme of the video.

Sep 16, 2011
Leeds, UK
I just don't get it at all.... I may be inexperienced at this sort of thing but I wouldn't call that a cardistry video at all. It just seemed to...well...not do or show anything really. Sorry.

D@n

Oct 11, 2011
Thank you for your input. It was meant to be a joke but apparently I didn't make that clear enough. Sorry if you feel that I wasted your time.
D@n

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Thank you for your input. It was meant to be a joke but apparently I didn't make that clear enough. Sorry if you feel that I wasted your time.
D@n
It simply wasn't funny. Humor is hard to convey succesfully on film. Films like The hangover make it seem easy.( though that movie was really Dude, where's my car? in disguise)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results