Gypsy Thread

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
Hey,

Need some help. I want to buy gypsy thread, but I want your opinoin on it. And is there a gimmick or no.If so, tell me where to get it. Also want pros and cons

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I believe everyone should learn Gypsy Thread.

It's a classic effect. When done correctly it is amazing.

It's very simple, and there is no 'gimmick' per-say. This isn't borrow some thread, break it apart, restore it. But you won't have a problem with the setup.

You'll need some thread...obviously...so anywhere that sells it will provide everything you need.

Some people would say there are cons, I disagree with these people. When done in the right setting, at the right time (after practiced), it is a great piece of magic that requires very little skill.

Get it, few people regret it, any one who regrets it shouldn't be allowed to perform such miracles.

-Rik

Jun 1, 2009
I might buy it to, but do you have to use fire to break the thread? or just anything? and does it play well on stage, or mainly for just close up situations?

Jan 13, 2008
I might buy it to, but do you have to use fire to break the thread? or just anything? and does it play well on stage, or mainly for just close up situations?
You can just break the thread apart with your hands, if you prefer. So yes, you have a lot of creative freedom here.

And it plays well in any setting. The only important thing is your presentation. :) (although, if it's a huge stage setting, I'd make use of a projector and screen, personally)

Jun 1, 2009
You can just break the thread apart with your hands, if you prefer. So yes, you have a lot of creative freedom here.

And it plays well in any setting. The only important thing is your presentation. :) (although, if it's a huge stage setting, I'd make use of a projector and screen, personally)

Nice, I have plenty of stuff to work on right now, but ill definatly pick this up later. Thanks for the help.

Apr 7, 2009
If u want to learn how to do the effect let me recommend wayne houchin's thread effect. u get an amazing geek effect of pulling thread from ur eye and he also teaches gypsy thread as a bonus which goes beautifully into the thread effect and u get 2 effects for the price of one. hope this helps

Jul 10, 2009
Oh thanks Jokes_On_U , I never knew that WH's thread came with gypsy thread to as a bonus. I'll have to keep that in mind.

-jack

Jul 2, 2009
Don't recomend it for stage magic. It's a better close-up trick, to small for stage really.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results