Halloween Effects

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for card tricks for Halloween, or general magic in that area. I'm looking at getting some, preferably downloads so the shipping doesn't kill me. But does anyone have ideas? What are you going to do?

1. Mods, I know this could be in the product questions thread, but I think since I'm asking for ideas and tricks, I think it should stay here. But it's your choice. I think it's fine here.

2. Yes, visualartist, we've all heard about your bleeding cards.

Ian

Oct 12, 2009
Navarre, Florida
If you know human blockhead or can find someone with experience performing and teaching it I think this is the perfect holiday for it.

edit: if you have aim hit me up some time and we'll throw some ideas around. That or make it a topic of discussion in one of the upcoming chats.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you hit me up, I'll tinychat with you and teach you the human blockhead.
PROVIDED that my internet connection doesnt lag the hell out.

Also: Disclaimer: I do not endorse the performance, or practice of effects that involve placing foreign objects into the human body. The body was not designed to accept these objects, and the performance or practice of these style of stunts can result in injury or death. I can not, and will not be held responsible for your own stupidity if you decide to attempt to do these stunts, and resulting in the afromentioned or worse. I infact, only will demonstrate for your knoweldge. If you do attempt to try this stunt, you do so at your own risk.

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
First thing - I actually know the human blockhead, but am not sure if I want to perform it. It sounds a bit...painful at first, but I'd need good instruction to do it correctly.

Dee - Sight looks amazing, but unfortunately I don't have a printer on me. I was looking at Vanity though - now that looks radical. But I still haven't decided. I may get some D+M stuff. Hopefully you won't mind.

If any of you have AIM I'm hopelessnessian. Chat it up from there. Let me know.

Ian

Sep 1, 2007
I do a Seance show. However, if you are looking for individual effects I would perform a Haunted Deck or Haunted Bill. You could do a Haunted Deck with Tarot cards ala Eugene Burger.

Apr 15, 2009
New Jersey
The history behind Halloween has something to do with the dead coming to haunt people. "One story says that, on that day, the disembodied spirits of all those who had died throughout the preceding year would come back in search of living bodies to possess for the next year." is what I got from the first sentence in the 3rd paragraph of http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_history_of_Halloween.

So with that, maybe you can make up a story about how you were one of the spirits that successfully possessed a living person and how you can make yourself die at any given time, and proceed to show them Control by Wayne Houchin. Maybe even follow up with Danny Garcia's Heart Stop which is also shown in the Control DVD

Oct 18, 2009
im kinda surprised nobody has mentioned Jim Paces "the web" yet...its a little older effect but definetly would be a great choice for halloween because of the patter you can create with it. Also, in the theme of halloween has a "spooktakular" ending especially since most people are scared of spiders. check it out!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results